2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

...actually from your post above it looks like Bitwig adds only 24px to the top of a plug-in window?? That's cool! Theoretically Aether HD height would even fit with this 1080 - 1056 = 24. But alas, the OSX task bar steals 24px too. Too bad it can't autohide like the Windows task bar can.... (AFAIK... ? maybe it can??)

but again, other hosts add a ton of other stuff to the top (and bottom in some cases) of the plug window and add much more height, so as I said, I "get it" with regard to the Aether HD skin on a 1920*1080 monitor.

Actually you can

http://www.cultofmac.com/391175/how-to- ... l-capitan/

Bitwig is neat, Studio One on the other hand adds a ridiculous amount to the top of each plugin - most of it unused (but try and bring it up on their forum and you don't get heard).

For me the issue with B2 HD skin is that it covers the whole screen. Yeah, it looks cool, but I don't want a reverb plugin to be the only thing I see when I'm working. I wanna see some channels, some send levels, I wanna be able to quickly drag it out of the way, which the normal skin lets you do. But it wouldn't hurt if that normal skin was a little bigger...

Cool! You learn something new every day!
aMUSEd wrote: Bitwig is neat, Studio One on the other hand adds a ridiculous amount to the top of each plugin - most of it unused (but try and bring it up on their forum and you don't get heard).
So actually Aether HD can even fit on a 1920*1080 display, then, correct? At least in BitWig -- ya I know a lot of others add tons of extra height...

Even Logic is guilty of this, and (semi) recently added some hideous border/stroke on plug-in windows, which IMHO is completely out of line with Apple's minimalist aesthetic... (what was wrong with the no-border, subtle drop shadow thing they used to do?!!) :dog:

...the ironic part of this topic, which I reminded people of the last time this topic came up, is that in the original Aether 1.0 we had a 1280px GUI (or maybe it was only 960?) as opposed the the 720 one, and at the time people complained it was "HUGE", so we had to offer that 720px size.

but honestly IMHO many of us have 1920*1080 on our PHONES now in 2017. I do. IMHO studio workstation displays should ideally have more pixels than our smart phones...

have you seen this for example:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/5/140982 ... s-ces-2017

ya, it is a ridiculous price, but I bet by next year it is $2k, and in a year or two after that it is $500.

Personally I dream of 8K at 60" or so. That'd be perfect...

anyway, this isn't argumentative. Just sharing my personal thoughts in a friendly discussion. We hear the request(s) and will do our best to accommodate this in one way or another in some unspecified future update in one way or another.

I have two new Halls for B2 for sharing. One more subtle, and another hall more open with low CPU, one engine beautiful halls for 2017.

:tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Whoever created the "Royal Hall 1" preset is awesome 8)

I screwed with Reverence for like 30 minutes loading M7 and 480 halls for a piano track and playing with EQ, not getting close to the results I wanted, then switching to B2 and loading "Royal Hall 1" and it instantly meshed with the source and sounded fantastic. Life would be so hard without 2cA reverbs :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/phorous/floating-1
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:Whoever created the "Royal Hall 1" preset is awesome 8)

I screwed with Reverence for like 30 minutes loading M7 and 480 halls for a piano track and playing with EQ, not getting close to the results I wanted, then switching to B2 and loading "Royal Hall 1" and it instantly meshed with the source and sounded fantastic. Life would be so hard without 2cA reverbs :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/phorous/floating-1
Hi
Witch one? In Duo Expansion or Single Expansion? One engine or two engines?
However I am guilty for both of them..
Thanks

But I have the latest for B2.
This one is special. In attachment is new Hall for B2 for sharing with all users. :party:
This is how it sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/user-763827162/b ... -demo-hall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Den* on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

I'm new to B2, just picked it up this weekend and wow! What an absolute beaut of a reverb! So impressed.
Some of the patches do reduce my CPU to tears but sonically... jeez, this thing is lush!
Are their plans on any updates to reduce CPU consumption?
Thank you 2CAudio

simmo75 wrote:I'm new to B2, just picked it up this weekend and wow! What an absolute beaut of a reverb! So impressed.
Some of the patches do reduce my CPU to tears but sonically... jeez, this thing is lush!
Thank you 2CAudio
Thanks for the compliments simmo75! :tu:

Regarding CPU-usage, as our good friend Polonius tells us, brevity is the soul of whit, therefore let me attempt to suspend my proclivity for verbosity and be brief. The answer to your question is:

YES!

:wink:

Den* wrote: Hi
Witch one? In Duo Expansion or Single Expansion? One engine or two engines?
However I am guilty for both of them..
Thanks
Duo Engine expansion. I figured it might have been you :)

Absolutely love that preset :tu:

Galbanum wrote:
simmo75 wrote:I'm new to B2, just picked it up this weekend and wow! What an absolute beaut of a reverb! So impressed.
Thank you 2CAudio
Thanks for the compliments simmo75! :tu:

Regarding CPU-usage, as our good friend Polonius tells us, brevity is the soul of whit, therefore let me attempt to suspend my proclivity for verbosity and be brief. The answer to your question is:

YES!

:wink:

That's awesome news! :party:

Is it worth picking up Aether in the sale if i already own B2?
I'm loving B2! What's the main differences, is Aether still being developed?
Cheers!

simmo75 wrote:Is it worth picking up Aether in the sale if i already own B2?
I'm loving B2! What's the main differences, is Aether still being developed?
Cheers!
For me, the answer is easily yes. Aether is great for "natural" sounding spaces, and its early reflection algorithm is completely unique from B2's ER engine. Also, Aether allows you to precisely "dial in" the reverb even with a ton of different input sources due to the insane amount of control you have over EQ and damping.

I use Aether about as much as I use B2. Breeze also gets some use as an individual insert when needed :tu:

simmo75 wrote:Is it worth picking up Aether in the sale if i already own B2?
We think so, but we are biased. We have the Perfect Storm Bundle for this reason. But others can give less biased opinions perhaps, so I won't comment too much more...
simmo75 wrote: I'm loving B2!
Well, thanks again! :tu: Me too. Again, I'm biased, but I continue to think it's still the best sounding verb on the market even now in 2017. The only complaint/request we really ever hear is regarding CPU usage. But it's EXTREMELY variable in B2 depending on preset/settings, and can vary by HUGE amounts of something close to 100X comparing the least to most CPU intensive preset. We know the highest settings take a lot of CPU resources, but in general this is because they are performing TONS of calculations.

...but we think we've discovered some magic tricks in this area so we'll see what the future holds regarding this topic. We know it's the number one request.

But ya, the sound is pretty magical... :wink:
simmo75 wrote:is Aether still being developed?
Absolutely. All our verbs are being continuously developed. We took some (OK fine, a lot of :o ) time to get very deep in Kaleidoscope :borg: because it is a very fun and novel product and ripe area for deep exploration into sound design, so this became a bit of an obsession of ours (mostly mine) and we have done some really amazing new stuff for it lately as well...

but we did not forget our verbs, don't worry. You will see soon enough.
simmo75 wrote:What's the main differences,
A short explanation is that Aether has an "physical" approach. It "thinks" in terms of modeling real spaces with attempts to create 3D models and material models and is very much the "Modeled Early Reflections + Diffuse Late Energy Tail" approach.

B2 is much more abstract in that it really does not attempt to model any particular space. It is more pure "math and science" and concerned more psychoacoustic phenomena. In some ways it makes less assumptions about what is "good" and what is not, and gives even more freedom than Aether to get into highly creative teritory. It does not particularly care about specific Early Reflection patterns, although they can be created with B2 as well using it's Dual Engine scheme. The Attitude control also adds a lot of mood and character that can be great for cinematic feelings.

Aether is slightly more traditional, even though it is steeped in our own creative take on things. B2 is more like my semi-selfish playground as a reverb designer to try various things without concern if they are appropriate for a Piano or a Cello or tenor sax for example. And I took the liberty to get a little geeky in it's approach. However, it turns out that B2 has some incredible sense of depth to its spatial image which makes it extremely popular for classical/scoring work as well, (where originally I thought Aether would dominate.) B2 does subtle as well as extreme it turns out, even though that was not necessarily the original goal.

Other than the Aether ER engine, which is completely unique to Aether, there are some other things it can do that B2 can not, but it's difficult to describe them in a meaningful manner without disclosing IP. Suffice to say they have a different sound and a different design philosophy.

The best thing to do is not to listen to me to try to sell you, and not necessarily to listen to other people's thoughts and input (although its always valuable), but rather to try it for yourself and see if it vibes with you. If it does, great. If not, there's always tomorrow... We like to say we think all of our customers should eventually be Perfect Storm customers, and we offer discounts/upgrades/crossgrades to get there because we understand there is some degree of "Marginal Utility" for reverbs, even in all of us with GAS. :wink:

...but we don't force it upon you on day one (or ever). It's there whenever you want if you like... If not, you can spend a lifetime exploring B2 by itself...

crap, I was doing so good at being brief earlier today. :D

Return to “Effects”