Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

egbert101 wrote:
chk071 wrote:I wouldn't say that a pad by definition HAS to be polyphonic. I don't think there's much of a point actually playing pads monophonically, though.
I agree, unless the pad was itself a chord. Hence why many of us complain to those who make strictly monophonic soft synth emulations, when they can easily add a polyphonic option. :hihi:

what does that have to do with pads?
or is this another repro-1 jab?

I think thats why they are no 'famous' minimoog, arp odyssey, SC Pro-1, Oberheim OB-1 pads :-)
But famous Ob-XA, Prophet5, Jupiter 8, etc pads.
rsp
sound sculptist

The deepest article on pads is probably this one:

http://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/ ... pad-sounds
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:The deepest article on pads is probably this one:

:tu:

that article does indeed coincide with my understand of pads for the past 40+ years.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: what does that have to do with pads?

I think thats why they are no 'famous' minimoog, arp odyssey, SC Pro-1, Oberheim OB-1 pads :-)
rsp
I agree with your basic argument. It is pretty silly having monophonic pads, but there's no rule that says it can't be done.

For example, the 1974 ARP Odyssey Patch book by Roger Powell, has a patch for 2-voice String Chorus, and a patch for 2-voice Fuzz Organ and Jazz Organ.

It could be argued that such patches are silly and pointless, but if they have any level of usefulness, then I see no problem with it.
<List your stupid gear here>

BlackWinny wrote:The deepest article on pads is probably this one:

That's an opinion, nothing more.

Like I said, let Bulent/the customers decide how he want's to tag the sounds.

egbert101 wrote:
zvenx wrote: what does that have to do with pads?

rsp
I agree with your basic argument. It is pretty silly having monophonic pads, but there's no rule that says it can't be done.

For example, the 1974 ARP Odyssey Patch book by Roger Powell, has a patch for 2-voice String Chorus, and a patch for 2-voice Fuzz Organ and Jazz Organ.

It could be argued that such patches are silly and pointless, but if they have any level of usefulness, then I see no problem with it.
Got ya.
But just to be clear, not that I find these specific patches silly or pointless, I actually want to favourite quite a few of them actually, was just waiting/hoping on them to be properly categorised.
I quite like like most of them, just didnt' think they belong in the PAD category.
rsp
sound sculptist

i am missing this waveforms from what is showing on namm 2017.
ver 0.9.22
the missing waveforms are :
additive
distorted
spectral
bellish
groan
voiceish

edit: i looked at the sub 1 not osc 1
everything is ok.

Synthmaster One is still being officially released the 27th February (tommorrow)?

egbert101 wrote:Synthmaster One is still being officially released the 27th February (tommorrow)?
İnşallah :lol:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/in%C5%9Fallah
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
egbert101 wrote:Synthmaster One is still being officially released the 27th February (tommorrow)?
İnşallah :lol:

https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/in%C5%9Fallah
:hyper: :party: :tu:

To me a pad is usually polyphonic, i.e. played in chords. A monophonic pad is basically just a weak lead used in the background.
Typical of pads is the sustain or at least long decay.

since Synthmaster One is all about workflow, is it possible to have the Midi volume sensivity "on" by default ?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the velocity option on AMP ENV wich make it easy to work on. :tu:

(I think it should be set to 100% on INIT patch)

Sweet looking forward to this.
Hopefully it has the arp midi import crashes fixed along with the fx plugin vocoder working...
Iam on board :)
Well the voucher/discount also still be applicable for the official release?

Thanks
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

street spirit wrote:Sweet looking forward to this.
Hopefully it has the arp midi import crashes fixed along with the fx plugin vocoder working...
Iam on board :)
Well the voucher/discount also still be applicable for the official release?

Thanks
Could you possibly send me the MIDI file that crashed SM One ?

Regarding the FX version, an update is on the way for it for next Monday v1.0.2 :)

Two things planned for the FX:

1. Get the vocoder working and prepare some test project files with major hosts like Cubase, Logic and Studio One.

2. Add a new "waveform type" to the oscillators called "Audio input". So that we can pass the audio input to the filters. I am planning to use pan/pan spread/free running/fine tune/detune spread parameters for this mode.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: SynthMaster One has new features like wavetable synthesis + new waveforms/wavetables library so you can not create all of those patches with SynthMaster.
I just copied wavetables that i created in Tone2 Icarus (WAV files, 2048 samples per waveform) into the folder C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Synthmaster One\Waveforms
My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

The files were not renamed, also the *.WAV extension was kept.
In Synthmaster One at the wavetables selection in the OScs they appear in a "MyWaveforms" sub-folder.

With those wavetables i checked so far it looks like those are working properly in Synthmaster One.
I would have to chekc if also those with more than 128 waveforms (up to 256) work properly in Synthmaster One.

If those are working also wavetables from e.g. Serum and the Galbanum WAV wavetables should work. I will check with the Galbanum wavetables soon.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”