Kontakt 5.6 Free Update. Opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Kontakt Player

Seriously you think that this is feedback NI should know? :lol:

Patheticoid.. ..Just when you thought this dude reached the bottom he start digging. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Just when you thought this dude reached the bottom he start digging. :lol:
Anybody gotta dig deep to reach your sniping level.

EvilDragon wrote:Because that's how it has always worked.
So why bother doing beta testing, and updating plugs, it if always must be the way it was.

Come up with someting original one day. Ah.. hopeless.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:Glad I can still use the service center to upgrade Kontakt :)

But why must the installer add almost 50MB of PDF files to my SSD? If I need the manual, I will read it online at NI.
All you have to do is delete them.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Even if I knew when K6 is supposed to be released, I'm not supposed to say it, soooo... 8)
So when I provide feedback about NI being bloatware, which anybody can see, you as a beta tester tells me I am whiner.

Why doesn't NI kick you off that team straight away?
Because as long as I don't spill any info that is under NDA I can tell whatever I want to anyone, NI doesn't restrict my freedom of thought. :) I'm still obeying the forum rules, so, tralalalala.
Numanoid wrote:If you can't deal with feedback about a product without whininig about feedback yourself, what's the use. Why even bother making Kontakt 6
Your feedback is kinda useless as it has nothing to do with the operation of the program itself, rather with documentation of it. NI is more focused on the program rather than how much MB documentation will occupy. Also I don't think that manuals are bloatware - and I'm pretty sure NI shares that opinion. Now, if your feedback were about incorrect information in the documentation, or typos, I would be more than glad to convey that to NI. NI spending resources just because ONE guy cries over 100 MB taken on his SSD by manuals, isn't gonna happen.

Numanoid wrote:Glad I can still use the service center to upgrade Kontakt :)

But why must the installer add almost 50MB of PDF files to my SSD? If I need the manual, I will read it online at NI.
in countries like mine the internet is very slow and often intermittent and online manuals may or may not work. I use online manuals sometimes but I do like to have the pdf's.

Well, the latest updates of Kontakt have broken Wavelore's Pedal Steel Guitar in Cubase.

Thank you very much guys.

Damn, did i miss some drama here? :lol:

chk071 wrote:Damn, did i miss some drama here? :lol:
Probably. Am beginning to loathe NI.

Numanoid wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Glad I can still use the service center to upgrade Kontakt :)

Because that's how it has always worked.
Hopefully things can change.
I'd rather NOT have to enable internet access on my offline DAW, or have to use another computer with internet access, just to read a manual. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:I'd rather NOT have to enable internet access on my offline DAW, or have to use another computer with internet access, just to read a manual. :roll:
Do you have to add roll eyes to make that point :?

How do you update Kontakt if you can't access internet on your offline DAW, or are reluctant to even access internet on another computer.

It is fair enough to have the Kontakt manual installed in the language I prefer, but means I do not need Spanish, French, Japaense or German either Manual or EULA's.

Installing Kontakt or any other NI plugs means it fills up my harddrive with 70% stuff I do not need, like standalone version, 32 bit version of the plug, plus all the uneeded paperwork in different languages.

Yeah, why can't everybody just speak jibberish? It would be much more convenient. :roll:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sadly I can't have an oppinion as this stupid company doesn't let me download the software I have bought.
At the studio I have no internet, and that shitty N.I. Access, does not start on my old pc at home and says something about opngl.
Direkt links can not be found.

Thanks for nothing.

rasmusklump wrote:Direkt links can not be found.
You can download them from the NI site.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”