Effectrix Ableton Keyboard Midi Input

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I want to play Effectrix with a midi keyboard so I was trying to route a midi channel to effectrix but unfortunately it didn't show up in the "midi to" dropdown menu.
Is it possible for effectrix to receive midi inputs or I need to move the keyboard-zone with midi learning or automations only?
Hope that's clear,
Thanks,
Mauro.
God save the Groove!

In Ableton, just set "MIDI To" of your midi channel to the audio channel that contains Effectrix. You can then play notes (any octave) to switch between Effectrix' 12 patterns. In Effectrix, the "Pattern keys" switch must be ON for that. Also you can make the effect matrix start running when notes are pressed by enabling "Trigger by MIDI". However, I think you can't trigger single effects of Effectrix via notes (Artillery2 probably can, but I haven't tried).

Hope that helps a little. Cheers

Hey, thanks for you're reply!
The problem is that I do exactly what you did but nothing show up on the "midi to" dropdown menu....
Could you please check if it works for you? I have latest ableton 9.7.1 and latest Effectrix installed.
Thanks,
Mauro.
God save the Groove!

Strange, works for me. I'm still on Live 9.7 though, sorry.
effectrix-live.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now it works, don't know why.
Thanks for the reply anyway!
God save the Groove!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”