Fabfilter Essentials bundle, Is it worth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm wondering if it would add something to my gear when I already have iZoptope Ozone & Neutron, NI EQ/Comp from Komplete and Presswerk from U-He.
Are Fabfilter plugs really different?

Thanks!

They would definitely add some pr0n to your screen... :wink:

Go for the Fabfilter bundle. Great plugins, they keep being updated and the are early adaptors with regards to implementing new Gui stuff and last but not least: VERY attractive pricing the more you own.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Based on what you already have, I'd say unless you specifically want that snazzy FF GUI and workflow, don't bother. I have iZotope Adv, Neutron, Presswork as well as FF ProQ2 C2 but not the reverb (yet). C2 and presswork are similar in terms of functionality and sound quality. The iZotope EQ and Q2 are also similar. they just have different GUI's and workflow. So unless you really just want FF and their associated GUI/workflow, you can stick with what you have and not be missing anything.

ok so except the quality of the GUI, their products are not really better sound-wise. I will wait for a bargain and start with the reverb

tappert wrote:ok so except the quality of the GUI, their products are not really better sound-wise. I will wait for a bargain and start with the reverb
I agree. Never found them to be anything special myself - pretty overpriced in general.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Why don't you just test them? There are 30 day demo versions available. Try them on your own sound with your own workflow and compare them to the ones you have :wink:

Btw to me they are worth every cent I spent on them.

tappert wrote:ok so except the quality of the GUI, their products are not really better sound-wise. I will wait for a bargain and start with the reverb
I use FF and Ozone here and there as I see fit. Basically I don't notice a difference between them when using them in linear phase. FF offers some extra usability and versatility over Ozone for the EQ. C2 is nice because of the awesome graphical interface which helps when working with dynamics, where presswork is lacking in that regards. Presswork has more character than C2. I think that the FF plugins compliment Ozone/presswork but it comes down to how much are you willing to pay. There is definitely over-lap. Maybe wait for a sale or get them 2nd hand.

By the way Pro MB is pretty amazing and sounds great. I prefer it over Ozone's multi-band.

"already have iZoptope Ozone & Neutron, NI EQ/Comp from Komplete and Presswerk from U-He"

Ozone and Neutron cover it, Fabfilter would add nothing.

I have Fabfilter Q2, C2, L1 and Saturn. Use 'em all the time. I don't have Ozone & Neutron, though I have demo'd them.

They all do the same thing. Audio in - mangle -audio out = tinnitus. :drunk:

The most unique is Saturn, and Proc2 and Proq2 are great sound, workflow and GUI wise but as already pointed out you are not missing nothing. Nevertheless I prefer FF over Izotope, they also respond waaaay more smoother and the browser is better.
dedication to flying

For 20 euros you could get the Toneboosters pack which includes an excellent full featured eq and a compressor that's, imo, much nicer sounding than FF's. You'll get 6 other plugins to boot including a good reverb.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Pro C2 and Pro Q2 are AWESOME!!!!! They are the most surgical plugins I've ever seen or heard.

I have Ozone, Neutron, NI Komplete, but my FabFilter bundle beats them all. Their GUI isn't just lovely to look at, but simply inspiring.
Get the entire Pro collection. Absolutely wonderful.

The softube compressors from NI are quality as is supercharger. I seriously doubt you'll better them. The pro Q2 is excellent, versatile, low latency and accurate. I disagree with some of these comments, I dont think you should get a bundle just cause it's on sale. If it ain't broke, dont fix it. ProQ2 is worth it, Volcano not so much as for the rest, I dont know. I'm just sayin' Id be surprised if they surpassed NI stuff. Most daws come with generic, usable compressors anyway. The only one's you need to buy are tonal ones but you said you got Komplete.

Return to “Effects”