Eventide "Structural Effects"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Physion

aMUSEd wrote:So does Alchemy, so did Cameleon too actually
Not on realtime signals it didn't
Amazon: why not use an alternative

DJ Warmonger wrote:Very interesting concept, new to me. Another thing on want list.
pekbro wrote:Well this seems interesting, I cant help but think they might
have missed an opportunity to build in some more interesting
effects here though. Granular maybe, or some other kinds of re-synthesis...
Yes, but you shoudl be able to use empty effect chain just to strip transient or body for further processing in your own chain :)
separate outputs ?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:So does Alchemy, so did Cameleon too actually
Not on realtime signals it didn't
Well yes, but internally generated by their own oscs (ie not effects)

shonky wrote:Could you not do this in Ableton with effect racks - run two chains, one with the transient, one with the sustain, add different fx after each? Certainly a greater variety of options post-split...

From what I saw in the video, yes you could. I didn't see anything special other than the visual feedback, which you can create if you are using Live's gate effect... but of course then you will only see one gate effect at a time.

elxsound wrote:
shonky wrote:Could you not do this in Ableton with effect racks - run two chains, one with the transient, one with the sustain, add different fx after each? Certainly a greater variety of options post-split...

From what I saw in the video, yes you could. I didn't see anything special other than the visual feedback, which you can create if you are using Live's gate effect... but of course then you will only see one gate effect at a time.
That's exactly how I did it, great minds think alike I guess :)
Thinking about it, you could do exactly what Transgressor does too if you stick an eq after each, necessity being the mother of invention for the broke-ass music maker. :wink:

Been doing that for a couple years. Used NI Transient master on each of the chains in the rack. So yes.

Ah man, I reeeally wanted to be a bit more excited about this.. so they've developed/enhanced some FFT/PV code to spilt the sound (which we can already to with other technology, but not in realtime (is Falcon an effect or just a synth?)) in to Trans/Noise/Tone and dumped some time-domain effects in there?

Perhaps the actual resynthesis of the raw sound is more interesting if you muck around with the ...nope, there's nothing to muck around with.

Maybe this is the first in a line of never-before-seen sound-£uckery tools, and they're just testing the water with this..

CinningBao wrote:Maybe this is the first in a line of never-before-seen sound-£uckery tools, and they're just testing the water with this..
Yes, apparently, this is the first plugin in the new series. More to come...

aMUSEd wrote:
Looks uncannily close to Unfiltered Audio plugin designs
But sounds very different.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I haven't seen anything there that couldn't be done with the built in bigwig effects. It could also be done on a very in depth level in MXXX. Or guitar rig 1. Or basically anything that will let you split a signal and then process each stream. The only remotely tricky part is setting up the dynamic processors so they recombine properly. Many gates or transient designer type effects will output the difference signal.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

First incarnation is out with Fission:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ct/fission
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Good spot Motion cheers :)

... Well after 15 minutes of videos, I guess I want it. No mention of individual outs for trans/tonal - I suppose that might be asking bit too much?

Just been using Fission, really great stuff, its superbly cool...I'm hooked :love: Looking very forward to see whats next for their Structural Effects.
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Motion wrote:Just been using Fission, really great stuff, its superbly cool...I'm hooked :love: Looking very forward to see whats next for their Structural Effects.
Some serious fun to be had indeed, the preset Blackholish will turn a detuned saw wave into Blade runner pad in an instant :love:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

The artifacts created by the separation process are quite audible, but it sounds pretty good for real-time processing, the effects which can be applied to each source are very basic though, I like the tap delay, there should be some distortion/waveshaper/bitcrusher modes, granular effects, spectral effects, frequency modulation/ring modulation -> but that will probably be part of future releases.
At low buffer sizes (e.g. 128 samples) it's barely usable in Logic 10.3.1 on my super fast Mac Pro, so I set the buffer size to max (1024) in order to have a smooth demo experience.

Live on video experiment: processing a sequence played on my multi-sampled Stick Cello (cello played with drum sticks), tweaking things on the fly, checking out the various effects in each source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLANLI-DIM

Return to “Effects”