Eventide "Structural Effects"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Physion

Sampleconstruct wrote:The artifacts created by the separation process are quite audible
I'm quite liking that tbh it can really give drums/percussion some different timbres. But I must agree with you the Fx included are very basic.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Yeah, good coverage there Simon - and absolutely.. the first in a line of products, with more screwey effects to come
Soo tempted.. so poor dagnamit

CinningBao wrote:Good spot Motion cheers :)

... Well after 15 minutes of videos, I guess I want it. No mention of individual outs for trans/tonal - I suppose that might be asking bit too much?
Oh man... that...would open pandora's box right on up!
The demo of Fission is quite enough to tempt me right off the fence, but yeah: rout-able outs would be teh best
...the ONLY drawback that I am seeing thus far is the (realtime) latency (2832 samples; 64.2ms) which is somewhat understandable: this sort of signal modification takes SOME amount of time to happen
With delay compensation on playback?- not even a concern.

This is really interesting

Price is fair. Although it does make me wonder if I could set this kind of thing up myself using transient shapers and phase cancellation. Perhaps not as immediate as a single plugin, but at least I could use any effect at my disposal.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Live on video experiment: processing a sequence played on my multi-sampled Stick Cello (cello played with drum sticks), tweaking things on the fly, checking out the various effects in each source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLANLI-DIM

Thanks for this great musical demo. I really enjoyed watching it. :clap:

I can do this with existing plugins and the bonus is I can use whatever effects I want.
I can even get drastically lower latency if I choose appropriate plugins.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Stanoli wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Live on video experiment: processing a sequence played on my multi-sampled Stick Cello (cello played with drum sticks), tweaking things on the fly, checking out the various effects in each source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLANLI-DIM

+1 sweet and very helful

Stanoli wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
+1 sweet and very helful
Thanks guys :tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Stanoli wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
+1 sweet and very helful
Funny, Simon - you were the first person that I thought of when I saw this thing -

I've tried calling Eventide several times at their New Jersey location during business hours - they haven't picked up - among other things, I wanted to try to talk them into getting you a Fission nfr copy ASAP, Simon (I hope that they already have) -

And this is likely just me being a jerk, but their first offering using their new so called: 'patent pending' algorithm feels lazy.

As one logical oversight: Fission isn't stereo, is it?

If you're working on sound design, isn't alot of your source material stereo?

goldenanalog wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Stanoli wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
+1 sweet and very helful
Funny, Simon - you were the first person that I thought of when I saw this thing -

I've tried calling Eventide several times at their New Jersey location during business hours - they haven't picked up - among other things, I wanted to try to talk them into getting you a Fission nfr copy ASAP, Simon (I hope that they already have) -

And this is likely just me being a jerk, but their first offering using their new so called: 'patent pending' algorithm feels lazy.

As one logical oversight: Fission isn't stereo, is it?

If you're working on sound design, isn't alot of your source material stereo?
No, I haven't received an NFR and I haven't bought this thing either as I wasn't convinced by the results and the included effects are extremely average to say the least :)
I much prefer tweaking samples with IRCAM Stretch (inside Falcon) and the separation feature in there (noise/transients/sine). I do see a lot of potential for this technology when used in real time, but in this state it's more a gimmick than a tool.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for the honest review :)

I bought it and like it for real time guitar fun, but yeah not something super
useful for most I would think.

-Cheers

Really like this one, especially for beats mangling and beatbox processing. The included fxs are cool, the reverb sounds blackholish, coupled with the pitchshifter and other modulation fx it's becoming a very cool extension to blackhole, like the twisted brother.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Interesting to see that they haven’t added any new effects to this one. Seems a bit of a shame.
However, melda mxxx now offers transient/tonal as a crossover.....so the possibilities there (with the 90ish effects/modulation system) is insane. Quite heavy on cpu tho...that’s the only problem thus far.
Anyone else using this?

Return to “Effects”