Disable osc key tracking

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A simple question: Is it possible to disable the oscillator keyboard tracking somehow, so that all keys sound the same?

Sure, in the Misc Mod panel select as a modulation source: KeyTrack. Then select Pitch A(B) as destination and set the amount to -10. That'll invert the keytrack pitch and zero it. Then add ModWheel as another source and Pitch A(B) with +10 so you can change the pitch with the modwheel.

Thanks. Let me see if I got it right. The knob is a multiplicative factor of the source value. And that result is an additive factor of the target value, so that the final target value is:

target_f = target_0 + knob * source_value

In this case:

pitch_f = pitch_0 + (-10) * keytrack

I read in some post that keytrack is a value from 0 (A-1) to +10 (A9) and A4 = +5, so that common values are placed in the middle, I suppose. Is this calculation correct? Is pitch scaled somehow? A negative pitch equals a null pitch, is that the assumption?

allanfelipe wrote:Thanks. Let me see if I got it right. The knob is a multiplicative factor of the source value. And that result is an additive factor of the target value, so that the final target value is:

target_f = target_0 + knob * source_value

In this case:

pitch_f = pitch_0 + (-10) * keytrack

I read in some post that keytrack is a value from 0 (A-1) to +10 (A9) and A4 = +5, so that common values are placed in the middle, I suppose. Is this calculation correct?
Yes, that's basically how it works.
allanfelipe wrote:A negative pitch equals a null pitch, is that the assumption?
Pitch by default increases with keytrack (higher note = higher pitch), so adding a negative keytrack results in a constant pitch for all keys.

Adding another negative keytrack (another dest on Pitch with -10 amount) will result in a lower pitch for higher keys).

It makes sense, but that happens just for one very specific value of knob that brings down the rising pitch exactly to a constant (subtracting the knob*keytrack). Is there a relation between pitch and keytrack or maybe an absolute range for the pitch, such that pitch goes from 0 to 100, for example? Now it's just a geek curiosity matter, I'm pretty sure not everyone has the need to know exactly what's going on :)

Return to “LennarDigital”