Questions

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes we are aware of that. Just pinged NI about it to see if they have plans to fix it. Haven't made progress with HALion yet, so you should keep using the AU version until we find out the reasons for the issues.

A quick update on this topic:
- We have found the root cause for HALion loading issue, but do not have a fix yet.
- NI got back to us and it seems they need more time to decide whether they can fix it.

Thanks for your ongoing work and for keeping me/us up to date.

jfyi
HALion 6 AU loads and works just fine in PW.
HALion 6 VST3 causes PW to hang, no chance to load it anyhow (undo on/off etc...)

Will PW2.0 fix anything in this regard?
VST3 is the preferred format, because its platform interchangeable...

Halion VST3 should actually load if you can wait (it can take several minutes...). There is currently no fix for PW V2 but we will have to work on it a bit later now that we have a better idea of the source of the issue.

LOL, nope, sorry, can't wait couple of minutes ;)
As I can't wait couple of days for PW2! ;)

Some technical insights of the issue, perhaps?

We just received more information from Native Instruments: they have a fix for the crash! We don't know when the next version will be released, but it should contain the fix.

thats brilliant! thanks for the heads up!

Now on to HALion 5/6 (vst3). Any insights on why it doesn't work with PW2? and if it might get fixed?

Hi Guys

I have been trying to find a solution for running Padshop Pro in Logic 10.3.2. People have been moaning at Steinberg since jan 2017 about compatibility issues with the AU and Logic, still no solution or update....

The AU and VST3 open in Patchwork, but your interface fails to display the preset selector...what is going on?

Btw the preset functionality works perfectly in Bidule and in other AU hosts, but Bidule is really unstable (probably Padshop pro is really unstable).

k

If you want to load presets for a plug-in in PatchWork, you can find them in the plug-in menu (click on the plug-in slot): they will be shown under "Presets", if they are recognized by PatchWork, or you can load the preset files using the "Load Preset" command.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”