Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the offer for the $19 crossgrade on SynthMaster One. Tried several of the YouTube overviews for it, and was horribly disappointed. Ooh, it can make a generic kick sound. Wow, you can do a filter sweep on a generic bass line. With all the waveforms you can make sounds that almost sound different from each other as it goes through the table.

Almost bailed, then tried their link to the presets. Excellent! Definite no-brainer, gonna get it today. :D

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ne-factory

Another thing on my list shows up on sale

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... a-Soundlab

I know it is limited, but it is Sasha certitfied, and $59 for a Kontakt Instrument aint bad.

GreyLion wrote:Just got the offer for the $19 crossgrade on SynthMaster One. Tried several of the YouTube overviews for it, and was horribly disappointed. Ooh, it can make a generic kick sound. Wow, you can do a filter sweep on a generic bass line. With all the waveforms you can make sounds that almost sound different from each other as it goes through the table.

Almost bailed, then tried their link to the presets. Excellent! Definite no-brainer, gonna get it today. :D

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... ne-factory
While they sound fine, what makes this a "no-brainer." Is there anything in SynthMaster One that isn't in Synthmaster?

I have the SynthMaster from the $10 deal GC did around the holidays. How do you get the crossgrade? And do I really need it?

I have to admit, I got so much stuff during the holiday sales that I haven't gotten to try SynthMaster out yet. Unfortunately, most of the YouTube videos I've looked at use it do make distorted noise, which is not something I use. But there were some nice sounds in those soundcloud files above

Ghettosynth -- Here's the ad copy from MusicRadar. The thing they're marketing, I think, is the custom waveform thing, as well as simplicity and ease of use. Me, I just responded to the low, low price and the ear candy in the presets.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/synthmas ... ugin-synth

And here's the KVR thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477780

It's only 41 pages long, so you can just zip through it, right? :hihi:

Dzlizzi -- I just received my copy of the upgrade email, so yours may be on the way. You have registered your license, yes?

EDIT: Oops! My bad on the price! I have an academic license; I think that the price is $29 for non-academic.

Thanks GreyLion. I must have registered as I have an email with all the information from them.

I just have the factory version. They may only give that deal to those who have a bundle. Or it may come in the next day or two....

Hmmm. Interesting.

I've downloaded the SM1 zip file twice this afternoon and evening. File is a bit over 41 MB. Both times, when I try to open the zip, it returns an invalid archive error. I'm on Win7x64, and neither the native Explorer or 7Zip work.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they've fixed it... As far as I can tell, the problem is not at my end.

GreyLion wrote:Just got the offer for the $19 crossgrade on SynthMaster One.
Offer I received was $29. Do you have link to $19 offer?

don1thedon wrote:Just tried the discount with CTC1 & everything appeared to price correctly.
Still trying to decide whether to go for it though ...
It sounds good but is a serious CPU hog. Also, there are many times when I prefer the stock Console Shaper that comes free with Studio One, it does all the great clipping and crosstalk with a more transparent sound.

EdSevered wrote:I'm not sure access to the Presence XT Editor is worth $40.
I just paid $28, no idea where your seeing $40
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Musical Gym wrote:
If you pay by paypal the deal 29 bucks, if you pay by credit card you get the deal at 19 bucks

Numanoid wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:
If you pay by paypal the deal 29 bucks, if you pay by credit card you get the deal at 19 bucks
No, $29 before PayPal. When you click on "pay with paypal" it jumps to $39. I have the standard version of synthmaster.

AFAIK, $19 is for academic version. the crossgrade deal for standard version is just for $29.

Uncle E wrote:
don1thedon wrote:Just tried the discount with CTC1 & everything appeared to price correctly.
Still trying to decide whether to go for it though ...
It sounds good but is a serious CPU hog. Also, there are many times when I prefer the stock Console Shaper that comes free with Studio One, it does all the great clipping and crosstalk with a more transparent sound.
Too late UE, the GAS was just too strong. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see how performance hits me.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
EdSevered wrote:I'm not sure access to the Presence XT Editor is worth $40.
I just paid $28, no idea where your seeing $40
Not sure how you got that, either. At shop.Presonus the original 30% discount on Presence XT Editor had disappeared, so sale price I saw was: $79 - 50% = $40. No matter now, code is expired.

EDIT: For the moment I seem to be wrong, the: THRIFTYFIFTY code does still work.
Last edited by EdSevered on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”