Wow 2 demo version - no presets as plugin ?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I've downloaded the demo version of Wow 2 (mac) I test it with GarageBand (as an audio unit plugin), it works but it won't shows any preset, is it a demo limitation ?
1.jpg
I ask the question because the standalone app shows a list of presets.
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Bullabs,

Presets should be in your documents folder. If not please just reinstall the latest installer again and verify that the preset folder exists in this folder afterwards:
/Users/YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)/Documents/Sugar Bytes/WOW2/Presets

If it still doesn't work does your user account has admin rights? Maybe this would solve any problems.
Please make sure to install WOW2 on the user account you will really work with afterwards and that the path really exists on the correct user account.

Please also note that working with the latest Garageband needs a little and simple extra work. Many 3rd party plugin software suffer from this. The reason is GarageBand is now sandboxed and it puts strong security restrictions on any AudioUnit plug-in loaded into a session. But there's a workaround for this Garageband specific issue. Therefore please go to the plist file of WOW2 by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu.

When prompted, go to Preferences and select the com.sugar-bytes.WOW2.plist

Then copy (don't move!) this file into
~/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Preferences

Please note that since OSX 10.7.x this Preferences and Containers folder is a hidden folder.
So please doublecheck that you search in the correct path by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu
and not only searching in Library since these are two different paths and it's very important to also enter the ~/ signs.

This should fix it.

Sorry for the circumstances!

Best,
Nadine

wow2.jpg
Hi,
(WIN10 | Ableton | i run my daw as non-admin)
i bought WOW2 today and have the same problem - missing presets.

there are presets installed in c:\Users\admin\Documents\Sugar Bytes\WOW2\
i copied the files to C:\Program Files\Sugar Bytes\WOW2 -> now the stand alone version got the presets !
But when i copy the files to my c:\Users\[non-admin-username]\Documents\Sugar Bytes\WOW2\ the presets are still missing in the plugin version (even after a reboot)
i tried also to copy the files to c:\Users\public\Documents\Sugar Bytes\WOW2\ but with no effect

as far as i see there are no further errors in process monitor (attachment)

can you help me out here?
thanks in advance

regards
boschdi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Boschdi,

regarding your admin/non-admin problem, we found out that it is possible only via a small detour in your case. Please click Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
Then click on Manage another account and got to -> Change The Account Type. Temporarily choose Administrator for the installation process of WOW2.
Then it should work. Subsequently, using the same way to set just back to standard user.

For a detailed explanation with screenshots you may check this link for how to change the account type (on option two) here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/691 ... -10-a.html

This should fix it.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”