Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
samsam
KVRAF

1746 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:25 pm Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

nm
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3694 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:05 pm Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

Nielzie wrote:It´s the goddamn cookie. Kill it. Delete it. Eat it.

Nope, I don't think so. I've replaced the cookies and the behavior continues. If it's the cookie, then it's how the site is using them and is something the site admin must fix. Deleting the cookies just makes the user have to log in again anyway. Delete or not, I still have to log in repeatedly. "Keep me logged in" does not work.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
BertKoor
KVRAF

10032 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:41 am Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

OK, so I got enough of having to log in again. Pattern: it only happened on my Android mobile, not on regular PCs on which I use regular browsers such as Chrome. But Chrome sucks on my mobile, there I use Dolphin. So I figured it had to be the Dolphin browser causing this.

So I switched to Opera on Android: no problem since !!

Jace-BeOS wrote:I still have to log in repeatedly. "Keep me logged in" does not work.
What type of device, and which browser is this?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6599 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:47 am Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

Happened on both Android Chrome and iPhone Safari with me
The future is yesterday
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3694 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:09 pm Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

I'm using an iPad and iPhone with iOS 9.3.5. Safari only.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
ere2learn
KVRian

1286 posts since 3 May, 2014

Postby ere2learn; Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:13 pm Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

Happens to me on desktop firefox & deleting cookies does fix the problem for a while it seems
mystran
KVRAF

4557 posts since 11 Feb, 2006, from Helsinki, Finland

Postby mystran; Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:12 pm Re: Why do I have to keep logging in so often?

Lately my laptop seems to get thrown out every time I change IP (at least I think it's IP as it happens when directly jumping from one network to another, fast enough that session timeout can't be a problem)... and since this is a laptop that keeps moving from one network to another depending on my physical location, it happens quite a bit. It's really annoying.

edit: it seems that if I login on network A, change to network B (another IP), I have to login again, but if I then change back to network A within a short time, it still works.. which would seem to indicate that I can have two sessions open in the same browser?
Image <- plugins | forum
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Site Stuff