backing up tags

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, I just got tracktion 7 and I just got to tagging my loops. how do I back them up so I can transfer the tags to another computer. thx.

Backup %appdata%\roaming\tracktion\loopdatabase.xml and looplibrary.xml

Something along those lines, if i remember right
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:Backup %appdata%\roaming\tracktion\loopdatabase.xml and looplibrary.xml

Something along those lines, if i remember right
Thx mate for replying. :hyper:
I found the folder location as you said, mine is inside tracktion 4 folder. I copied all the files inside and copied them to my laptop. now, when i go to search loops it says files are missing. my external hard drive letter changed from F to G when plugged in to my laptop. I tried to add path and rescan did nothing. how do i fix this ? thx for your help. :dog:

Well, if the drive you keep the loops on has changed drive letter, you can either change the drive letter back to what it previously was (probably easier), or edit those files in a text editor, and change the path in each of the loops listed.

EG, if you open the LoopLibrary.xml file in a text editor, you'll see something like this;

<LOOPS>
<LOOP path="F:\Users\chicocouk\Music\Tracktion Loops\In and Out 1st loop.wav"
size="2015008" time="1485968842007"/>

and you'd want to change that path=" bit to point to where that actual wav file is. Might be as easy as search and replace F: with G: then save it off ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

:tu: thx chico, I decided to take the easy route and just changed the drive letter in windows disk management. Everything is good, got all my missing tagged loops showing up now. You are a life saver and Just saved me future headaches and frustrations. Keep up the good work mate. :phones:

Return to “Tracktion”