Patchwork - Exclusive Solo Shortcut - Feature Request

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

would you consider adding a user preference that allows selection between the current solo behavior and a new one. In the new behavior, pressing on a solo button on a parallel channel will un-solo all others immediately.

This is the way solo works in Ableton Live racks, and it's really effective for chain comparisons. As it is, you have to press multiple solo buttons, and you can't make a clean jump to a different chain without losing some concentration because two chains or no chains are audible. To match Live, this new mode could allow the user to ctrl-click on a solo button to enable multiple solos.

In my workflow at least, effect chain comparison is the prevalent use of this plugin by a long shot, and instrument stacking second. I imagine I'm not the only one, because in Cubase and some other packages you have multiple solutions for stacking instruments out of the box, but fast chain comparison is a real problem, and this solo feature in Patchwork would really speed things up.

Thank you.

Yes, this could be very useful. I believe that in Cubase if you solo a track in a group, another solo-ed track in that group gets un-solo-ed. I don't need that feature very often but when I do, it's invaluable.

This could be really quite simple - something like: click a solo button (one that's off) with shift key depressed and all other solo settings are negated. No changes to the UI required.

Can't promise anything, but we'll indeed think about it for the next version!

Thanks for adding the exclusive solo. This is a great chainer now with the design improvements and different modes.

Glad that you like it! Thanks for telling us! :tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”