T7 to waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate to be "that guy" but I just paid for the upgrade to T7 from T5 because I have a load of new guitar recording gear and Tracktion is my favourite DAW to record in, it all just works so well and is easy to understand what is going on (even for my bass player friend that knows nothing about computers).

Anyway..... Obviously I am an idiot and didn't look around the net first to see that Waveform is coming out (this month?) and now I'm thinking I wasted my cash because that mixer needs to be in my life hahaha.

Am I going to have to pay again? Is there an upgrade path? Should I have waited? Am I a moron or is everything going to be ok in the long run?

I would have thought there would be some sort of grace period for really recent purchases?

I hope so because I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment!

On another thread, someone wanted to get T7 and it was suggested he contact support@tracktion.com, due to the nearness of Waveform. It seemed that they had only partly thought about the situation, as there isn't yet a published upgrade price from T7 to Waveform. I'm expecting half of the full price, and would expect late T7 upgraders to perhaps need to pay at least a little upgrade payment.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have just emailed them (also with a link to this thread). I will update here if I find out more information.

I also emailed them and their response was much more direct than what that other guy got.

They said (on 6 March):
Absolutely - you are inside the grace period :)

Enjoy
Happy Tracktioneering
Tracktion Support Team

They said the same to me so that is awesome. I am in the 'grace period' so I will get a free upgrade.

:D

Worth buying T7 now then, as Waveform will be more expensive.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

I believe the "other guy" you're referring to was me :D Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=479908#p6717053

Return to “Tracktion”