Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Tearing Riots
KVRian

577 posts since 18 Oct, 2014

Postby Tearing Riots; Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

plauto wrote:
Suloo wrote:
plauto wrote:Very good, but it will use these tools, you can create something that emulates the beat repeating Ableton, I feel that something like Bitwig is missing.

sorry but i don't get this sentence. Who is it? Do you mean ableton is missing these modulators that bitwig provides?

I mean, there is no way to create something similar to beat repeat. :hug: :help:

Beat repeat is a fx for live input, this is an instrument. So not possible but you could sync the grains for a similar effect.

Taika-Kim wrote:I have been doing this in V1 already (you need to create the triggering notes by hand, so it's more limited), and have sent the devs some messages about this... It really does not sound very good, at least I get a lot of pops and crackles if I try to play I too many grains. I guess the polyphony is quite limited. An update is planned for the sampler, but it's not first on the list of stuff they are working on now.

I´ve seen that and it kinda inspired me to do this with the new modulators. Really smooth timestretch with tonal stuff is indeed a challenge with this method, i also got the feeling i´m clipping something inside if i crank the overlap. Maybe it was voice stealing, needs more investigation.
Taika-Kim
KVRian

516 posts since 14 May, 2002, from Finland

Postby Taika-Kim; Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

To me it sounded something like a 32 voice polyphony limit... I got the same with the latest beta of v2. Still didn't have the funds to upgrade to that :/ It's cool how much creative stuff we can already make even though the proper modular system is not even implemented.
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:01 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Not really granular but as requested:

Delay-4 as a simple buffer shuffle.
Adjust the steps, below zero is dry, above plays the buffer at 1-4 16ths delay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plauto
KVRist

163 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Brazil

Postby plauto; Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Very cool, developers should make more tools available so that they can create something better, I hope they will soon make available the edition of the devices ...
Clearscreen
KVRist

149 posts since 10 Jul, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Clearscreen; Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Thanks for sharing these presets - interesting stuff!
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Glad you enjoy it, here´s some more fun with four
delays:
glitch_delays.jpg

Again, steps' values greater than 0 select one of four delay lines. Zero or below plays dry.
'Length' sets how long the delay's input is open, 'Delay' sets the time (10 - ~600ms).
Clicks might occur (esp. on bassy material).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fvdtuzs5vwjnwk/counting_glitch_delays.mp3?dl=0

Glitch Delays.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clearscreen
KVRist

149 posts since 10 Jul, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Clearscreen; Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Tearing Riots wrote:Glad you enjoy it, here´s some more fun with four
delays:
glitch_delays.jpg

Again, steps' values greater than 0 select one of four delay lines. Zero or below plays dry.
'Length' sets how long the delay's input is open, 'Delay' sets the time (10 - ~600ms).
Clicks might occur (esp. on bassy material).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fvdtuzs5vwjnwk/counting_glitch_delays.mp3?dl=0

Glitch Delays.zip

That's freakin ace! Not 100% sure how it's doing what it's doing, but it sounds good doin it

Playing around with the LFO shape and controls makes some fun racket!
Previous

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Bitwig