Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2103 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon May 09, 2016 11:40 am Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

There are occasionally Toneboosters plugins for sale in the Marketplace.. Around $15 - $18. They will lose $10 of that in the transfer and be left with little, but still... some people just like tidy plugin folders and are OK with moving stuff on they're not using. They're not retarded.
kmonkey
KVRAF

3681 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

MogwaiBoy wrote: but still... some people just like tidy plugin folders and are OK with moving stuff on they're not using. They're not retarded.

That's exactly a retard! In audio world.

Dude you are buying plugins to process sound not to move them or tidy with them. You can even try Tonebooster plugins and decide do you need them or you don't (some companies does not offer demo).

Well if you bought plugins to tidy with them you are a retard (not pointing this to you directly but speaking generally)

If you bought plugins before you even tried them - you are most definitely a retard.

If you bought plugins for 20$ and you have time and energy to argue about their license transfer policy and you think you can have a benefit of having lower transfer price for a plugin which cost you 20$ in the first place - you are retard!

Note: under retard i am not (and i believe other person which mentioned retards think same) trying to make fun out of truly retarded people which may or may not need our help - i am using this word to shortly describe silly moves by a single person (maybe i am doing it wrong though) which after using KVR for at least half a year should know how stuff works...
jsp1979
KVRAF

2527 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Mon May 09, 2016 12:22 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

kmonkey wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote: but still... some people just like tidy plugin folders and are OK with moving stuff on they're not using. They're not retarded.

That's exactly a retard! In audio world.

Dude you are buying plugins to process sound not to move them or tidy with them. You can even try Tonebooster plugins and decide do you need them or you don't (some companies does not offer demo).

Well if you bought plugins to tidy with them you are a retard (not pointing this to you directly but speaking generally)

If you bought plugins before you even tried them - you are most definitely a retard.

If you bought plugins for 20$ and you have time and energy to argue about their license transfer policy and you think you can have a benefit of having lower transfer price for a plugin which cost you 20$ in the first place - you are retard!

Note: under retard i am not (and i believe other person which mentioned retards think same) trying to make fun out of truly retarded people which may or may not need our help - i am using this word to shortly describe silly moves by a single person (maybe i am doing it wrong though) which after using KVR for at least half a year should know how stuff works...

Wow. No words.
Lesha
KVRian

1160 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

kmonkey wrote:That's exactly a retard! In audio world.

So, let's say a person bought a new compressor which he uses/likes more than the existing toneboosters compressor, which he now wants to sell, is a retard according to you?

My friend, I think you have a serious problem.
It's easy if you know how
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon May 09, 2016 1:29 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

TB have a very generous demo policy, excellent price points and top quality plugins. People are selling their TB licenses with full acceptance of the transfer fee - it's entirely their choice.

Not sure why you have such a strong opinion on this.

Klanghelm charge a 5 Euro fee for their similarly priced plugins. Would that satisfy you?
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

Skorpius wrote:I would have preferred to put this thread into the Market Place, but I already have a current sales ad there, so...

After I had sold a TB plug-in recently, Jeroen informed me that TB have introduced (or are about to do so) "a formal procedure for license transfers via our website".

http://www.toneboosters.com/license-transfer-policy

While quite a few small developers charge license transfer fees, the implications in the case of TB are rather severe: Asking for a transfer fee of 10 EUR when the plug-ins cost 20 EUR even goes beyond the transfer charges of FXpansion. This is as if, for example, Presonus would charge 200 $ for transferring Studio One V3.

To make this clear once again: In the future, TB will charge 50 % of the purchase price for a license transfer.

IMHO, the intention behind this step is pretty clear: Jeroen wants to discourage any TB plug-in owners from selling their TB products, or rather, wants to abolish any license transfers completely. In the past, software sellers would simply send their license files to the new user and, if at all, inform Jeroen about that. This must have happend a few times too many for Jeroen to introduce such a policy. Those "happy days" are over now...

Anyway, the question to me is whether such a policy should be supported. Once you have bought a TB plug-in for 20 EUR, you will either have to keep it for the rest of your life, even if you no longer need it, or give it away for next to nothing in case of a sale, knowing that you'll have to pay 10 EUR for the transfer.

I think in the future I'll rather buy more expensive software products where I know that - in a later sale - I will at least get back an acceptable percentage of the original purchase price.

does this apply to purchases bought prior to this change? I can't see how that would be legal, as i always buy something with thorough investigation of license transfer rules prior to buying at that time.
I never use barricade anymore and wanted to sell it as well as the metering thing.
replicant X
KVRist

162 posts since 30 Jun, 2009, from moon

Postby replicant X; Mon May 09, 2016 6:12 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

Australian are not the poor.
I saw you have Waves plugins.
Don't bully a small developer.
I lost totally 5 software that use online activation and the developers disappeared.
elxsound
KVRAF

4361 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Mon May 09, 2016 6:23 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

I smell a troll.

This thread was dead for almost a year before the necro bump.
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon May 09, 2016 6:56 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

+1

Don't like it, don't buy it. End.

(Except bitching about WUP is legit :D )
Autobot
KVRist

433 posts since 27 Mar, 2013

Postby Autobot; Tue May 10, 2016 1:20 am Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

elxsound wrote:I smell a troll.

This thread was dead for almost a year before the necro bump.

:hihi: It's well known that trolls are scavengers
I grew up on a junkyard, where I started to feed from hubcaps and bumpers
phaded
KVRist

164 posts since 11 Mar, 2012

Postby phaded; Tue May 10, 2016 3:57 am Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

[Insert controversial statement here]
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

1796 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue May 10, 2016 4:27 am Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

phaded wrote:[Insert controversial statement here]

[1 quote per 4 words response that says basically nothing of value]
exp((-(((x-4)^2+(y-4)^2)^2))/1000)+exp((-(((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2))/1000)+0.1*exp(-(((x+4)^2+(y+4)^2)^2))+0.1*exp(-(((x-4)^2+(y-4)^2)^2))

http://admiralbumblebee.com/
TheShaman
KVRer

1 post since 17 Nov, 2015, from United States

Postby TheShaman; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm Re: ToneBoosters: New License Transfer Policy

While quite a few small developers charge license transfer fees, the implications in the case of TB are rather severe: Asking for a transfer fee of 10 EUR when the plug-ins cost 20 EUR even goes beyond the transfer charges of FXpansion. This is as if, for example, Presonus would charge 200 $ for transferring Studio One V3.

Not 100% sure where the $200 came from or how your math worked out, but PreSonus charges $20.00US to transfer Studio One software to another account as well as smaller fees for AddOns and other PreSonus software.

This is actually fairly reasonable compared to other software companies, whom can and do charge upwards of $150-$250 to transfer their software.

This small fee helps to pay for the administrative components that are needed to make such transfers. Especially, when people take ridiculous advantages of special software sales; only to tax the people whom they sell it to. Manufacturers are not here to sit back and let people purchase 20 Studio One Lic's at 50%+ off, so you can go back and make nothing but profit by taking said advantage of said sale only to turn around and charge full price.

People like this are one of the main reasons that said transfer fees exist and that personnel have to be dedicated to handling such license transfers.
- PreSonus use to transfer software lic's for free the entire time prior to the fees being implemented.

iLok costs $25 per lic
Plugin Alliance. $20 per plug-in
Melda charges 20% of current full price
Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) charges 10% of full retail price
IK Multimedia charges $20 per lic
Spectra Sonics charges 50 USD for a transfer and becomes NFR.
Refx charges $25+ fee
PT's is $20-$80
Waves charges $150 transfer fee for products with a list price of $700 or higher
Sonar charges $100 transfer fee
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects