Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
rtucker55
KVRist

93 posts since 17 Sep, 2005, from Indiana, USA

Postby rtucker55; Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:24 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Dear Sirs,

I am using windows 7 x64 on both machines. Yes I am running Sonar and AShost as administrator. Both are the x64 versions.

In Sonar, I have tried to drag an external midi file, from the desktop, to the Riffer but nothing shows up in the Riffer. If I already have a file in the Riffer it goes away.

I also tried to drag an external midi file into the Riffer using the AShost but nothing shows up. It does empty the Riffer if I already had a file in it.

My version of the AShost is Ample Sound v1.6.0. I have tried with ABJ, ABP, ABU, and ABY, all of them from the Full installer 2.5.0. It is not working here for some reason.

Update: I just tried the same dragging in process using StudioOne Pro v3, latest version and it does not work in that DAW either.

I still need help.

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker
Ample Sound
KVRian

798 posts since 27 Jun, 2012

Postby Ample Sound; Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:06 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Please send the midi file you tried to service@amplesound.net.

We tried to drag a MIDI to Riffer in Sonar, it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUchMCGMFtc
rtucker55
KVRist

Postby rtucker55; Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Ok, after taking a closer look I now realize that the midi track Must be SAVED as a type 0 mid file for it to work on my machine. It cannot be exported because that requires converting it to a groove clip prior to the export and the Riffer does not understand the format.

It also cannot be dragged from Sonar midi track to the desktop as that will change the format and the Riffer will not understand it.

So, I have made some progress, even though I am still not understanding the timing differences yet. I will play with this some more and if I have any further questions I will post back.

I thank you for the video and your continued help.

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker
Jie Chen[Ample Sound]
KVRian

657 posts since 14 Sep, 2013, from Ample Sound

Postby Jie Chen[Ample Sound]; Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Please attach your unrecognized midi file here or send it to service@amplesound so that we can figure out the cause.
rtucker55
KVRist

Postby rtucker55; Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Thank You for the quick reply.

I have sent the midi file to the above address.

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker
Jason Washburn
KVRist

349 posts since 18 Jul, 2007, from Quebec, Canada

Postby Jason Washburn; Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

UPDATE:

Update your Ample Basses RIFFER to v2.51

Changes:

-Added 300 new riffs.
-Smoother interval between notes.
-Riffer Preference parameters now can be saved.
-"A#6" for Riffer play toggle.
-Changed the default riff export mode to "StrMan".
-Changed some Riffer Metronome settings.
-Changed the default cycle mode to "Round Robin".

Fixed bugs:

-Fixed the bug that exported bend and vibrato would crash Logic Pro.
-Fixed the bug that sound can not be stopped when Dice window is open.

All updates are free of charge for owners of corresponding Ample Bass. Users can get their updates through the MyAmpleSound page: http://www.amplesound.net/en/account.asp

Remember, 25% off all Ample Basses until April 3rd.
crossovercable
KVRist

240 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:42 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

I use a lot of other Instruments like MusicLabs RealGuitars, NI Session Strummed Acoustics, Akkord Guitar, Ezkeys, UJAM Virtual Guitars that work from a simple Held Midi Chord Track and the Patterns or keyswithches in another.
I had a quick look at the Ample Bass Riffer, the video only showed some pics but no explanation, I haven't read all the info on it yet.
Will it play the riffs as the above instruments do to a chord track ?
How about a Fender Strat/Tele Riffer ?
ML RealGuitars only play the chord notes in a pattern, so whatever chord is being held it will play the pattern to the notes of that chord, no scale notes.
How RapidComposer works is great, as it will play any pattern to chord/scale anywhere on the chord track, it will also save articulations for any instrument within that pattern.
This provides a very quick way of creating a song without manually creating midi and switches.
If you could drag held midi chords with chord markers written to the midi, out from the list to create your song chord track in your DAW showing the midi markers Chord Names it would help.

I can't see any Trial for the Riffer and I don't think the free has it so I guest I'll just have to buy it and hope it all works with the chord track.

I caught a quick flash of the Chords about 30 (unless it goes down more below) same as RealGuitars, so that's good, as the Ample Guitar Lite only had 15.
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

I purchased the Fender Bass to try it out, this is what I found:
This is what I need to be able to do.
I need Ample Bass to be able to play the riffs over the chord track as Ample Guitar is doing.
AmpleBass-ChordTrack.mp4< Right Click > Open in New Tab
Like RealRick is doing.
RealRick-ChordTrack.mp4< Right Click > Open in New Tab
You want to be able to drag the Pattern/Riffs to the track and whatever chord is being played in the Chord Track Ample will fit the Riff to that.
So if you are having the Riffs in the other Guitars you will need to be able to use them like this also.

If you get a Sign In at DropBox just click at the bottom "No thanks, Continue to view..."

EDIT: when you drag a midi out the name is temp.mid and not the riff name.
Last edited by crossovercable on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boydbob
KVRist

62 posts since 19 May, 2006, from Blaine WA

Postby Boydbob; Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Love the Riffer, but 2 things I'd like to see.

1. A way to "chain" a number of short Riffs together as a unit that can be dropped into a midi track.
Increasing the number of bars in a Riff may also accomplish this depending on the number of bars, if you also have the ability to combine short Riffs into one long Riff.

2. When searching through the Riffs, the Riff names are aligned in the Center of the search table.
This seems OK, but it is actually hard to read through the list quickly to find a specific Riff.

Blues01_01.briff
Funk_Slap03_Fill02.briff
100_16_84T_Other_Upright_Groove_03.briff
Blues01_01.briff

Much easier on the eyes to align the Names Left

Blues01_01.briff
Funk_Slap03_Fill02.briff
Blues01_01.briff

Thanks
ABA, ABP, ABJ, AGL, AGM, AGT, AGF, AGG, AGP
MixBus 3 - Reaper - Studio One Pro 3 - SynFire Pro
Windows 10 Pro - Core i5 - 16GB RAM - Focusrite Saffire Solo - RME Babyface
Boydbob
KVRist

Postby Boydbob; Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

This is what the first example was supposed to look like, but the spaces got deleted.

.................Blues01_01.briff.................
............Funk_Slap03_Fill02.briff............
.................Blues01_01.briff.................
Jason Washburn
KVRist

349 posts since 18 Jul, 2007, from Quebec, Canada

Postby Jason Washburn; Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Download and try for a limited time (7 days) the new Bass UPDATE 2.5.1: http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

Try it with Ample Bass Upright

or

Ample Bass Precision

please note that Ample Bass precision LITE does not support Riffer.
larweb5
KVRer

17 posts since 30 Mar, 2008

Postby larweb5; Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

i'm not finding the 300 new riffs.i still only have 500 with this update.
Boydbob
KVRist

Postby Boydbob; Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:05 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

I have 740 now. Not sure what I had before.
Did you use the COMPLETE installers for FULL versions?
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Did you get this one "Bass Riffer Preset Installer (Win) " "Bass_Riffs_Installer.exe"
Last edited by crossovercable on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbender
KVRist

201 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

[quote="Jason Washburn"]Download and try for a limited time (7 days) the new Bass UPDATE 2.5.1: http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

Try it with Ample Bass Upright

or

Ample Bass Precision

please note that Ample Bass precision LITE does not support Riffer.[/quote

Does this come with the 300 new additional riffs?

I already had the prior ABU v2.5 trial installed, and have installed this new Bass Update v2.5.1 trial, but still have the same number of riffs (around 500).

So that's why I ask now if this comes with the 300 new additional riffs?.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Ample Sound

Return to Ample Sound