Shrink Projects

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
there used do be a function like reducing the project to the wave data actually needed (was it called "orphaned clips") but in T7 i can´t seem to find a way to easyly do that.

Any ideas where to look?

Regards
Marc

There's a button marked Search for Unused Files. Was that it?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

No, thats not it. I want to get rid of unused Audio mostly and tat implies unused Takes within my Recordings.... nobody Else?
Regards
Marc

I just saw this, and I also have asked a similar question in a another thread. I am interested.
Mark Swanson, guitarist and luthier
Click to visit Swanson Guitars
http://www.MarkSwansonMusic.com

Are you referring to Comp tracks ? If so, when you click the "+" to expand the track list, at the top is Delete Unused Takes. Be sure the one you wish to keep has a checkmark next to it, or you dragged it out to a seperate track or area first.

Hi,
i am not comping here.....:)

I have recorded various versions of audio which are not in the edit anymore and other versions have been cut and only parts of the original audio left in the edit.

I would like to clean up the thing only leaving the parts with the project that actually are used in the mix.

Unused files finds what i do not use at all so this is one part of it, but i would like to shrink the used audios as well.

Cheers
Marc

I don't really understand your problem.
Unused audio files can be searched for as you were advised above. Once you find them, you may select them all and delete.

There was (or is) a function where you could effectively compact the project by deleting unused parts of audio file. You could choose the level of compression and the amount you wanted to delete (e.g. used clip plus one second). Was that it? Not sure here as I haven't used Tracktion much since Mackie made love to it.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Yes, that is what i have in mind and dont find anymore.
Regards
Marc

In the Projects Tab select your project. Down the bottom there is a tab that says Archive Edit. All of the options I mentioned above are there to choose before you create the archive.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Return to “Tracktion”