Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonimus burnley 73 at $49 until tomorrow.
It is the best 1073 emu i've ever seen.

dzilizzi wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 75% off “Pro Sound Effects Credit Bundle” - Normally €84.99 now €19.99!

More information at http://vstbuzz.com/deals/75-off-pro-sou ... it-bundle/
I get that there's a market for this, but...whatever...
So the regular price is about $1.50 a sound? Seems kind of high.

I guess if you are doing game design, a tiger's roar may come in handy :D
I bought the Pro Sound Effects Freelancer's Library a couple years ago to kick off my sfx library. It came with some download credits and I use it all the time when I need something specific - like a tiger, or a kid laughing, or marching footsteps, etc. It's a pretty extensive library and I'm very happy with the purchase. The guys at PSE are super nice too.

Is this deal for you? Depends on how often you use sound effects and/or if you have a tiger.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

When I first saw it, I thought it was one of those scammers bundles of audio effects that you can get free. I recently saw another posting with a link to website where someone was selling 1,000 effects for $39.99 or something like that.

But looking closer, I could see the use for this. Many years ago when I worked at a small radio station, we used this kind of stuff. I probably have some records with effects somewhere still. I used to use them to make funny answering machine messages.

dzilizzi wrote:When I first saw it, I thought it was one of those scammers bundles of audio effects that you can get free. I recently saw another posting with a link to website where someone was selling 1,000 effects for $39.99 or something like that.

But looking closer, I could see the use for this. Many years ago when I worked at a small radio station, we used this kind of stuff. I probably have some records with effects somewhere still. I used to use them to make funny answering machine messages.
No doubt, I still don't think that it makes the cut for the bargains thread. I'm just griping! It's no big deal, I'm starting to rely less and less on KVR for that sort of thing. Facebook is much better honestly, the groups are far more focused and I usually find out about bargains about the same time or before they get posted here.

What facebook sites/groups do you go to for bargains?

I kind of quit hanging out there between all the Facebook selling your information/privacy issues and being spammed with "friends" game notices.

There may need to be a Sales thread here. It is good to know what is on sale even it it isn't really a bargain. Some companies never have bargain sales, so I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Hi
I'm the publisher of Synth Anatomy. www.synthanatomy.com
I published near all deals currently available. Check also my FB page, you will get there always the sales news, reviews, videos and free stuff :)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Waves - Who, WUP, Where? :)

Waves has their annual 25% off WUP going on at their site.
Re-sellers usually up the deal. Which ones are good?

Thanks,

PS: Thanks in advance for not going down the rathole on why WUP stinks. :wink:

raintalk wrote:Waves - Who, WUP, Where? :)

Waves has their annual 25% off WUP going on at their site.
Re-sellers usually up the deal. Which ones are good?

Thanks,

PS: Thanks in advance for not going down the rathole on why WUP stinks. :wink:
https://www.wavesuniverse.com/
Drop Max an email really helpful.

dzilizzi wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Do the low keys on Seasons sound muffled to you? http://www.imperfectsamples.com/website ... mplete.php
I couldn't really tell. The speakers on my internet surfing computer are not the best.

So I checked out low notes on my Steinway and they sound as muddy as low notes on my parents baby grand sound. So, maybe not very? I think if there are too many of them, they are just noise. But individual notes sound fine. I then compared it to the low notes on my True Piano's Steinway D and Fazioli. Wow. I thought the True Keys pianos sounded pretty good. But they sound a little muddy compared to the Imperfect Samples. Now this could be because the True Keys come with reverb already. It's not that they sound bad, just not as good?

Well, shoot. Now I may have to think about either upgrading this one to the complete - which is actually almost a no-brainer at less than $36, or getting the Fazioli Pro.

Okay, just checked the exchange rates. They are pretty good right now....
Reviewed my notes on Pianos and did some more thinking and research. Yes, should have done this prior to posting about Imperfect Pianos.

I have Komplete 11 with 5 pianos already which includes Unacordia and The Giant that may not sound as nice to my ears as do the Imperfect Pianos. I am saving to buy Komplete 12 (and possibly move up to Ultimate) which may have more pianos.

I have a couple of other good VSTi sampled pianos. I could/should spend more time with them.

I am almost happy with Pianoteq 5 and hope Pianoteq 6 will be goodenoff (a Russian term) when released later this year. Very expensive but will wait for Black Friday for a price discount. I really like the tweakability of the Pianoteq.

This is how I feel today and come the 31st I may change my mind and buy one of the Imperfect Pianos. But to do this I need to review my other 10 pianos on my possible buy list. Crazy! :lol:

Edit: Also noticed the low end on "the Minimal" being muffled.

Edit 2: Pianoteq on Black Friday has previously given a 30% discount so the Pro version at $519 will be $364. Still a bit high but if I start saving now ...

MillerSam wrote:Hi
I'm the publisher of Synth Anatomy. http://www.synthanatomy.com
I published near all deals currently available. Check also my FB page, you will get there always the sales news, reviews, videos and free stuff :)
Thanks. I'll check it out. :)

I was actually okay with the Pro version of Imperfect Samples to start. I don't do classical so, I don't really all the layers.

I keep waiting for Pianoteq to have a sale on the standard version. I actually want it for the free pianos. There's a couple of the antique ones that sound really interesting but you can't use them without Pianoteq. So I don't need the Pro version.

New AudioPlugin.Deals offer is up.

Realivox Ladies (Kontakt version) for $99.99 instead of $399.99!

No freebie with Soundbytes mag this month? I thought the where having a surprise in every month now...

http://soundbytesmag.net/

Jazz Mackerel wrote:New AudioPlugin.Deals offer is up.

Realivox Ladies (Kontakt version) for $99.99 instead of $399.99!

For those that are not familiar with Realivox, they have a very interesting take on vocal sampling instruments. Ladies has a built in text to speech engine that really produces some great results. It can be a bit wonky to come to grips with, but with a little practice, I've found it to be quite useful, and much more realistic than many competing products. 75% off is a good value on this IMHO.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

machinesworking wrote:
dangayle wrote:$50 to upgrade Geist to Geist 2? Finally, this is one I've been waiting for.
IMO, and I know it's just an opinion, but FXpansion would have gotten a lot more money from me if they didn't offer their upgrades at near the same price as their introductory prices. I bought GURU when it came out, and Geist upgrade was not much better than introductory price. I actually bought a separate license to Geist because the upgrade was more expensive than a sale later in the year...

Now, I have Maschine, SparkLE, Push 2, hardware along with software drum machines. I'll probably get Geist 2 at this price, but because it didn't have dedicated hardware and Spark came with the V Collection, I just picked up SprkLE hardware for the same price as the upgrade to Geist 2 cost..

It's a shame really, I think in terms of the sequencer FXPansion beat all of them, but it would be nice if there was dedicated hardware and great upgrade offers. Better late than never I guess.
I just pulled the trigger on this with JRR Shop which has it for less than $50 with the FORUM discount. I totally agree about FXpansion's upgrade policy. I own just about everything on their roster, but I've stopped upgrading when new versions are introduced. Still don't have BFD3, and probably won't get it unless there's some offer I can't refuse.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”