You're singing the wrong lyrics!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But, boy, could he play guitar.
Making love with his eagle.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

SODDI wrote:"Wrapped up like a doucher, gonna roll her in the night..."
Exactly correct...let me try

"wrapped like a deuce and a runner in the night"

I seriously don't know the real words, how close did I get?

harryupbabble wrote:I Googled it and most of the results states that this is what it is supposed to be:

The Shareef don't like it

Rock the Casbah

But I am hearing and singing this:
f**k the Casbah
Sharia don't like it
is what I'd always heard.
Shareef (Sharif), Sharifah, never occurred to me.

I just saw that Sharif and sheriff are not etymologically related at all.

Blinded by the light
revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

is what it really is

jancivil wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:I Googled it and most of the results states that this is what it is supposed to be:

The Shareef don't like it

Rock the Casbah

But I am hearing and singing this:
f**k the Casbah
Sharia don't like it
is what I'd always heard.
Shareef (Sharif), Sharifah, never occurred to me.

I just saw that Sharif and sheriff are not etymologically related at all.
Yeah I guess I heard sheriff too. I should have just said I hear f**k the Casbah. It must have been one of those super-hasty copy/paste reply I made.

EdSevered wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Sue Lawley, Sue Lawley
Feel Sue Lawley
This one is So Lonely.
EdSevered wrote:Speaking of The Police:

Drinkin' two beers...drinkin' two beers
But this one, which one is this one?
Driven to tears...driven to tears.
If Sting wrote it, it could be about anything. It could be about constipation. Hahaha.

My dad was a huge Kenny Rogers fan and when I was a kid, I always thought the lyrics were:

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille. With four hundred children and a crop in the field" :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

now THAT made me laugh out loud

garryknight wrote:For the geeks amongst you, the phenomenon is known as a mondegreen (Wikipedia explains why), and right here are thirty of them in one YouTube video. Watch out for that powdered egg...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6rV3OKcjw
I got quite a chuckle over that video, but I really can't see (er...hear) how some of them could have been misheard. Maybe my hearing isn't all that bad for an old fart.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

incubus wrote:Now here's something funny......

I was thinking "Oh, Betty Davis Eyes, I know I don't have that one right"

So, I look up the lyrics...

Word for word :lol: :shrug:
I know this thread is really about mondegreens, but back when this song was popular, I heard a parody called 'Marty Feldman Eyes'. On the rare occasions I hear the song now, all I can think of is the movie Young Frankestein.

Over the years, there have been several um...wrong lyrics singers I've worked with came up with.

The first band I was in after college (this was around 1981) did The Wait by The Pretenders. Our singer never did figure out what the lyrics were, so she just sang the few words she could make out and used gibberish that fit the rhythm of the missing words. I just looked up the lyrics, and they aren't anything like what she was singing.

More recently, a band I was in was rehearsing Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain'. After we had gotten through it our drummer (he and the bass player are airplane nuts) asked the singer, "You flew your what up to Nova Scotia?" She replied, authoritatively, "Nivet. It's a type of an airplane." It took the two of them about half an hour to convince her that the mystery word was supposed to be "Learjet". She hasn't worked in any bands since, but we still tease her about it when we see her.

DocAtlas wrote:
incubus wrote:Now here's something funny......

I was thinking "Oh, Betty Davis Eyes, I know I don't have that one right"

So, I look up the lyrics...

Word for word :lol: :shrug:
I know this thread is really about mondegreens, but back when this song was popular, I heard a parody called 'Marty Feldman Eyes'. On the rare occasions I hear the song now, all I can think of is the movie Young Frankestein.
Loved it!!!!!

"Well you can tell by the way I use my wok ..."

:lol:

But now that I'm thinking about that gawd awful thing all that I remember is how they sound like their wazzooos are caught in a blender :scared:

"Ouch, I could've die in your arms tonight,
It must've been something I ate."

I don't think, it sounds like that, but that's how I always hear it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”