Brainworks Subsynth (it's not a synth)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For that price i'd expect even more knobs.
- WonderEcho -

For those who aren't fortunate enough to afford to snatch this up just yet there is a consolation prize...

Brainworx have released its baby brother, bx_subfilter, and the best bit... it's for free.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ilter.html

It's kind of cool because until now I've been using the resonant filter on Museq to achieve a similar effect. With a bit of luck this might just do the job.

In case anyone is still in the "sounds good but too expensive camp" it's currently on sale at PA for $49 (minus the obligatory voucher discount).

I'm currently trailing the UAD version and have immediately used it on the pre-master for a remix. you'd be hard pushed to sculpt the low end like this, unless you spent an eternity doing it . . . for house and techno it's perfect!!

I ran the freeware bx_subfilter through the new DDMF Plugindoctor analyzer and it really is just a resonant high pass.

The full Subsynth generates a sub octave as well though and has much more features. If it was $49 this month I'd put my voucher on it.

Yeah, the full Subsynth is a beast. I've had better sounds quicker with it then the competition.

MogwaiBoy wrote:I ran the freeware bx_subfilter through the new DDMF Plugindoctor analyzer and it really is just a resonant high pass.

The full Subsynth generates a sub octave as well though and has much more features. If it was $49 this month I'd put my voucher on it.
Actually I imagine it MIGHT generate several based on the 3 harmonic zones at the bottom, or psychoacoustic versions higher up.

Return to “Effects”