Best Compliment to Omnisphere?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is probably just my lack of skill, but I find myself unable to make any sort of "modern" EDM type of sound in Omnisphere (the last time I messed around with the harsher waveforms and FM I accidentally made a slap bass). In the same vein, I struggle to make any sound in Serum that's anything but ultra-precise and clearly digital. I've seen videos where people make some wonderful soft and warm sounds in Serum, and Omnisphere comes with lots of harsh and gritty EDM-oriented presets, so I know both are capable of each. It's just that in my hands, both lend themselves towards a particular kind of sound. This makes them great complements in my opinion.

It sounds like some kind of beat machine would be your priority - Battery would be an option there if you upgraded to full Komplete - and Komplete actually has some rather good effects in it too. Not sure when the next upgrade sale will be - Summer I think?

There are some brilliant bargains to be had out there, but in general its easy to destroy a bank account with a hundred "no brainers". In other words - I'd save for something really good and in the meantime really get under the skin of what you have, which already is pretty great. The more you know something, the less mouse klicks there will be :-) The extra bonus - the longer you leave it, the better idea you will have of where your arsenal is coming up short.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:It sounds like some kind of beat machine would be your priority - Battery would be an option there if you upgraded to full Komplete - and Komplete actually has some rather good effects in it too. Not sure when the next upgrade sale will be - Summer I think?
I'm hoping so. I am still at v10. With Komplete 11, he will get Absynth, FM8, Kontakt, Reaktor, Battery and lots of other stuff (including Kontakt library, which includes quite useable orchestral sounds, courtesy of VSL, and several quite good pianos, besides all the great stuff that comes with Reaktor - and the user library is a mine). That, coupled with what he already have, will cover basically anything he still miss.
Fernando (FMR)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Surface Pro 3, i7 1.7/2.3, 8 gb SSD, Overture 5, GPO 5, Omnisphere 2, Reaper, Audacity

Rommelaar wrote:
Best Compliment to Omnisphere?
Nice rack!
You don't look fat with all those gig's of content. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Same thoughts here when I saw the OP. Best compliment to Omnisphere, well, is that she's still up there without substantial competition.

Anyway, get that new FabFilter Essentials bundle. Those are the best of the best. They will perfectly complement Omnisphere. And you might add Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. It's absolutely magical.

I'd say Reaktor is the best compliment. Blocks nails the analog stuff that Omni doesn't quite as well as well as being fully modular with fm everywhere. Plus aside from blocks there are plenty of sampling and experimental synthesis ensembles, and bread and butter stuff too.

But then again why just get Reaktor, you could just go for Komplete instead.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you dont know what music you wanna do then it's pretty hard to recommend anything. You probably dont need anything else for a while. Omni covers a lot of ground.

It's great :)

On the other hand the best complement for Omnisphere is Keyscape for me right now

aMUSEd wrote: On the other hand the best complement for Omnisphere is Keyscape for me right now
Now that's the right answer, as adding Keyscape allows you to tweak and layer those keyboards in Omnisphere and you'll get 1200 complimentary "creative patches" on top.

:borg:

Best compliment to Omnisphere?

Not so sure these days. I'm tempted to sell mine. I use it less and less.

totheatom - you've got a beautiful kontrol keyboard that is mighty underused if you don't have komplete ultimate
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Fleer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: On the other hand the best complement for Omnisphere is Keyscape for me right now
Now that's the right answer, as adding Keyscape allows you to tweak and layer those keyboards in Omnisphere and you'll get 1200 complimentary "creative patches" on top.
Guys, did you, at least, actually read the OP? He wrote:
totheatom wrote:.../...
Software:
NI Komplete Select
Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Spectrasonics Keyscape
Spectrasonics Trilian
:dog:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”