5%
19-MTR Concert hall.mp3
7%
20-Lexicon Large hall.mp3
6%

Total votes: 191

RELATED
PRODUCTS

To my ears, I only liked 4 and 5. The others are too wet. Nothing particularly wrong with the reverb, I just prefer drums tighter and more dry.
<List your stupid gear here>

jens wrote:You tell me - you're the one who decided which number each example gets... ;-) :-D
Hehe it was human-pseudo-random action :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the results, but I think doing it with a different sample would be better. Large amounts of reverb don't sound good with that sample. Of course it does find flaws in reverbs, it makes it hard to hear their good points. Perhaps a piano sample and a vocal sample next.

Interesting. I choose 6 different reverbs here which also seems to be the favourite of most of the others here.
But there is really just one in there (Nr. 5) which fits the sample/loop for me.
There are some really weird sounding reverbs included but they might sound good on other sound sources.

Let me download the sample and i´m sure i find a better one (for my taste at least). :D
I agree that this isn´t the best reverb test, sorry.
I prefer them at 100% wet with a dynamic played piano. But also personal preferences.
Indeed, when will your reverb plug-in available for the crowd?
I´m still very interested.

Hehe the problem is some people want tiny dry/wet, others want 100%, hard to make everyone happy :). I like 50%, because it makes the reverb loud and clear and still shows how it blends with the dry signal.
But piano will be the next one ;). If people would like of course! :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Hehe the problem is some people want tiny dry/wet, others want 100%, hard to make everyone happy :). I like 50%, because it makes the reverb loud and clear and still shows how it blends with the dry signal.
But piano will be the next one ;). If people would like of course! :)
Piano, yes please. I agree with the others here. This poll feels more like, which preset do you like the best.
I only liked 3 of them. IMHO - when making a blind test the presets should be approximately the same, like in blind tests with synthesizers. Then you can hear how each synth sounds within the same settings. Same here.

Hmmm, I don't follow - what would be the point if they would sound the same? Reverbs can sound many different ways, that's what I was interested in.
Vojtech

Right, I see. I assumed it was a MTurboReverb vs other reverbs.

Not really, it's like "checking what people like the best". And sure there is mainly MTR, because that's what I'm testing after all, but there are some other reverbs too.
Vojtech

I picked the half dozen or so where the reverb was less intense so that the rather percussive punch was not lost.
5, 9, 12 for instance.
Despite the diverse settings, the reverb quality as such seems to be decent on all examples, no ugly metallic trails etc.

Ok, so I updated the poll names, so you know what is what ;).

Now, everyone seemed to prefer something different, but let's say the next one will be a piano. What kind of settings would you prefer? Probably mainly dry/wet. I'm still standing by the 50% as a good choice, but now's the time to tell your opinions.
Vojtech

You must be quite pleased by the results =D

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

I voted for some of them. But I don't get the point of the test. The reverb needs to fit to the source in sound and amount. Just throwing different presets on it won't work and will sound horrible most of the time.
There was one preset that worked the best on this explicit example (but also felt really bad like the others) and it was from MTurboReverb (#5). There are also presets from Lexicon, Valhalla or even Pro-R that work very very well, I just tested it.

I think the next time there should be either TurboReverb only or at least the same amount every companies reverbs (like 5 or so) with well working and similar presets too. Also I think the dry signal should be provided as well as the preset names, so we can test them ourself too.

etherdesign: Hehe actually yes! :D

Mirko: I sort of wanted to try different things to see what people liked. For instance, the bricasti and lexicon have some specific character, which is similar whatever preset or settings you choose (I call it the delayed buildup), so I chose something that seemed fine and wanted to see what people like about it, because to be honest, I don't. But I thought "am I weird, that I don't like it" :D, so this was a nice way to test it.
Valhalla imho fits quite well, but I tried several presets and the one I chose seemed one of the best to my taste (again the taste is what I want to test). I hated Pro-R totally I'm afraid.
Vojtech

Return to “Effects”