Hello there! Is anybody expert to audio system?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I'm a musician who has a little studio in my house.

During producing my music, I almost use my headphone(krk kns 6400).

I have two sound system. one is headphone(krk kns 6400) and the other is speaker(single for mono, krk rokit4)

Recently, I made a new song using just my headphone. after mastered my song. It sounds nice from my headphone. very clean sound, there is no buzz and clipping sound. but when I turn on speaker to check the balance of the song, sounds started clipping too much. I don't know what is the problem. I always produce my song like this method(almost using my headphone and final check with speaker). but this time, it didn't work!

Here is my test chart. I wish it makes you find my solutions

+++++++++++KNS 6400(headphone)+++++krk rokit4(with trs cable)+++++krk rokit4(with rca cable)

My song----------------super clean-----------------clipping too much------------almost clean but little buzz
(High volume)

My song---------------super clean----------------------super clean-----------------------super clean
(low volume)

Others----------------super clean----------------------super clean-----------------------super clean

------------------

Just occur at high volume in my song. and It's same for unmastered ableton project at high volume

I don't use audio interface and I only use macbook pro 15(2011 late i7 quad-core) with speaker(single) or headphone through headphone jack of laptop.

I wish you find my answer
Last edited by Rocky Kimmel on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Chuck all the KRK equipment out of the window.

All their stuff is hugely coloured - meaning the frequency response curve is not flat (see the picture below. I was unable to find the Rokit 4 but the one below is for a 6). It will be incredibly hard to get a decent sounding mix using their stuff, not impossible - but hard. I've also noticed you are only using one speaker, this will of course make your mix sound strange, as you will only be picking up one side (or a mono single, rather than stereo as the headphones).

For the time being, I would recommend putting your song onto a device and testing it out on as many different speakers and headphones as you can. For example, I also reference my songs on some iPod headphones, in a couple of different cars and my mum's DAB radio - alongside anything else I can blag at the time. Note down things that stand out to you on each, and try to balance the mix as much as possible so it sounds equally decent on all.
Feed The Paw

Hi thank you for replying with details

It's Solved!!!

It was because of cable

I think my cable line is too cheap or has bad quality to transfer high volume reverb sound.

After I changed cable, it's working!

Thanks anyway

I appreciate it

The signal cable will surely cause a problem if not proper.

No need to throw anything out, even if it is "hugely colored" :) just use it for something else.

This is why I use black cables, they are less coloured.

ghettosynth wrote:This is why I use black cables, they are less coloured.

:hyper:
Feed The Paw

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”