Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hidden under the desktop is the Yamaha TG-77 and a Kurzweil Mangler.. Thinking I need a better place to put those as they're not exactly very accessible right now, but they fit so perfectly.. The desktop slides backwards so when it's all the way back they're easier to get to.. The other monitor speaker is on the other side of the other desk on the right hand side.. The pedal off to the side is a Digitech Polara reverb pedal..

I also really want to add a 303 emulation but still on the fence about which one to get, a good portion of my favorite music features it though from Aphex Twin, Kettel and CN/EOD to Green Nuns of the Revolution to the great ambient acid techno on the underrated Hypnotism label from Earcloud, Eyephone, Alex Martin etc..

As it is right now, I'm using the sequencers on the Analog 4 and Circuit for most things, only occasionally using the onboard sequencers of the BS2 and Evolver although I should really get to grips with the Evolver sequencer more because some really cool stuff can be done with it and that was one of it's selling points.. Then of course mixed with some ITB sequencing..
Last edited by etherdesign on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

Codestation wrote:Image

Lol. :D That's almost how i already felt with the cables going out of the Blofeld i had here for 2 days... isn't it a blessing to have all that virtually, hidden somewhere you can't see it? Also good for the electricity bill.

Codestation wrote:
That's a bit more like it. You need to get rid of the cable ties and drop a few fag ends though.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Got a new desk from Skyline Audio, some acoustic panels from Mafia Panels (need more to do side walls) , a Marian AD2 soundcard, pair of tiny JBL LSR 6325P monitors and a Dangerous Source monitor controller... A bit skint now.

wickfut wrote:Got a new desk from Skyline Audio, some acoustic panels from Mafia Panels (need more to do side walls) , a Marian AD2 soundcard, pair of tiny JBL LSR 6325P monitors and a Dangerous Source monitor controller... A bit skint now.
Nice setup :)
What size screen is that?
I'm thinking of getting a 40-43" 4K monitor. Slightly worried it's going to be too large though.

cheers.

it's a 49" KS7000. At the distance I am from the screen , 120cm, I wouldn't go any smaller as some of the text is a bit tiny.

as for 40" being too large? a 40" 4k screen is same pixel density and size as 4x 1080p 20" screens. Depends how closer you are though really.

Armadillo wrote:
wickfut wrote:Got a new desk from Skyline Audio, some acoustic panels from Mafia Panels (need more to do side walls) , a Marian AD2 soundcard, pair of tiny JBL LSR 6325P monitors and a Dangerous Source monitor controller... A bit skint now.
Nice setup :)
What size screen is that?
I'm thinking of getting a 40-43" 4K monitor. Slightly worried it's going to be too large though.
Check out my 43" Samsung
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=6718002#p6718002

Kalamata Kid wrote:Check out my 43" Samsung
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7760&p=6718002#p6718002
Great as monitors aren't they!

Thanks guys. I was planning to wall mount it, which is a distance of around 90 cm but I'm already finding my 21.5" 1080p monitors have rather small text - at around a distance of around 70 cm, so perhaps 43" would be better suited than 40". I guess at 120 cm 49" might be OK, but that does seem very large.

@ wickfut
By the looks of that room, your real problem is not whether you can see small print at 120cm. My room is not much greater in width, so I know.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:@ wickfut
By the looks of that room, your real problem is not whether you can see small print at 120cm. My room is not much greater in width, so I know.
Awesome. You have an amazing gift. You should use it wisely to benefit mankind rather than use it for your own personal gain.

wickfut wrote:
annode wrote:@ wickfut
Awesome. You have an amazing gift. You should use it wisely to benefit mankind rather than use it for your own personal gain.
:lol:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Recent studio picture. I like this setup.

Added since this photo: a wire shelf to the left which has my patch cable hanger on the front; passive DI box next to the KA6 on the rack shelf; stickers from various synth and pedal makers/stores on that ugly white drawer thingy; a black foam panel with glittery stars covering the biggest gap in the modular rack :hihi:

Those are IKEA Isberget laptop stands under the Maschine, Microbrute and KA6 (but I replaced the one under the Microbrute with a thick chunk of corrugated cardboard that's a better height). The 0-Coast is on a laptop arm in front of the monitor; it's not an ideal stand but it keeps it in reach.

Acoustics for those monitors are pretty terrible TBH -- in a corner with a hollow core table. I mostly use them for doublechecking mixes and for gaming anyway and I do everything else on headphones.

Modular is this so far, with an Ornament+Crime arriving Saturday and Disting mk4 and Lifeforms Mod Tools also preordered.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”