How the hell does unison work in strobe2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own a ton of synths so I know how unison works, but strobe2's unison is f*cked! with voices set to 8 and unison set to one, you should get 8 notes polyphony? right? WRONG, you get 4 :? What am I doing wrong? the unison doesn't work at all how I expect it to. I even read the manual and it did not answer my questions. With voices set to 12 and unison set to 3 you expect 4 note polyphony with each voices using stacked 3 times, right? WRONG! you get 2 note polyphony with a strange retrigger problem that skips notes and other annoyances.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:I own a ton of synths so I know how unison works, but strobe2's unison is f*cked! with voices set to 8 and unison set to one, you should get 8 notes polyphony? right? WRONG, you get 4 :? What am I doing wrong? the unison doesn't work at all how I expect it to. I even read the manual and it did not answer my questions. With voices set to 12 and unison set to 3 you expect 4 note polyphony with each voices using stacked 3 times, right? WRONG! you get 2 note polyphony with a strange retrigger problem that skips notes and other annoyances.
Did you try it with an Init patch? I just did using 8 voices playing at once with unison set to 1, and it works fine here. I will now try the other settings you mentioned.

yes, all test were done with init.
~Pyrotek45

Maybe it is something to do with the keyboard you're using?
It seems ok to me, but maybe you can try asking about this here:
viewforum.php?f=13

I'm using the piano roll.
~Pyrotek45

I watched the video before, but this is strobe one(which I have no problem with). I'm talking about strrobe2.
~Pyrotek45

what version are you using?

Unison and polyphony behaves normally here.
Unison = 1 & Voice = 8 I get 8 voices.
Unison = 2 & Voice = 8 I get 4 voice.

I'm using 2.0.2.11
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

im using 2.3.0.25

maybe i should try a different version.
~Pyrotek45

strobe1 just sounds so much better than strobe 2. I downloaded the older version and it does seem to have better unison than the latest release. it still doesn't sound as good as strobe one and with unison cracked up it still produces weird effects and note delay. odd i should make a video on it.
~Pyrotek45

I Just installed the 2.3.0.25 and it also works as expected. I'm using Mac OS by the way.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I Just installed the 2.3.0.25 and it also works as expected. I'm using Mac OS by the way.
I am using v2.x (not at home now to check the exact version number) on the PC and it is working OK for me.

Aiynzahev wrote:I Just installed the 2.3.0.25 and it also works as expected. I'm using Mac OS by the way.
Interesting, yes ill have to install both versions(2.0 and 2.3) and create a video. but that will have to wait since I have to go to work soon.
~Pyrotek45

Do a couple of audio demos for us, maybe we can help you with your problem.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

For me it works fine in Strobe 2. Unison works like it should i think.
Tryed with int. patch.

Return to “Instruments”