What Genres of music do you buy and where from?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I want the whole album, and it's available on CD, I get the CD, usually from Amazon. Otherwise, mp3 from the artist site/page or Amazon, again.
Purchased this week :
Jefferson Airplane - The Woodstock Experience (CD)
After Forever - Decipher (CD)
Kinard - 3 songs, (all I could find) (mp3)

I listen to a lot of Prog. I do most of my buying on Amazon, but there's also a CD in Prog Magazine every month, and I get exposed to a lot of good stuff that way. Often, the bands' web sites are a good place to buy their music, too.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

foosnark wrote:I buy whatever the cool kids are buying, according to the latest market research. I carefully avoid listening to music that isn't cool, defies simple categorization, or is associated with less lucrative market segm...
Is it possible to fabricate more people like you ? Like, a lot.

1. What feels good.
2. Varies. Last week bought direct from record label a recent 2-DVD set that will not be on the market seemingly. I hope they'll change their mind because it's INCREDIBLY incredible. At 47 years in existence now (including a certain roll of members) they just get better and better, playing mostly the same 10 to 15 pieces, like exellent wine. If any are puzzled, this is the band I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlJKKtgreqw

I likes BOTH kinds of music, Country AND Western

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76SmNMuXPw
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Why do you want to know? Do you have a point with this?

The last CDs I bought were by Leonard Cohen & Pink Floyd. I buy a lot of 70s dub reggae too, usually from Amazon sellers. My son buys me a lot of music too ... Twin Shadow, Soundcarriers, Neon Indian, The Myrrors. He tends to get them direct from the labels.

thecontrolcentre wrote:The last CDs I bought were by Leonard Cohen & Pink Floyd. I buy a lot of 70s dub reggae too, usually from Amazon sellers. My son buys me a lot of music too ... Twin Shadow, Soundcarriers, Neon Indian, The Myrrors. He tends to get them direct from the labels.
Neon Indian is pretty good! :tu:

ghettosynth wrote:Why do you want to know? Do you have a point with this?
Hi GS, thank you for the question! Yes I do have a point... a few infact..

1. Its an intresting chat topic.
2. Trying to establish what kvrians listen to and what they would purchase ito of music...and establishing a target market to cater to..
3. Genres, would give me a general type of feel as to which type of presets I can make that will sell well as I get a general consensus that kvrians are more critical of edm and other electronic dance genres...

I hope that answers your question?

To the rest that have answerd, thank you very much... your interaction ia greatly appreciated!!

Regards
Surreal

SampleScience wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:The last CDs I bought were by Leonard Cohen & Pink Floyd. I buy a lot of 70s dub reggae too, usually from Amazon sellers. My son buys me a lot of music too ... Twin Shadow, Soundcarriers, Neon Indian, The Myrrors. He tends to get them direct from the labels.
Neon Indian is pretty good! :tu:
I should go and listen to Indian Neon

Regards
Surreal

My taste is very broad (rock, soul, jazz, anything) but excludes EDM.
I buy CDs, I don't do downloads. From the local record shop and second-hand in thrift stores, garage sales. Anywhere but online.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

surreal wrote: 2. Trying to establish what kvrians listen to and what they would purchase ito of music...and establishing a target market to cater to..
Good luck with that. I buy music from primarily non-commercial artists who stumble across my various social media personas in the honest pursuit of their passions.

I don't buy music any more. I only listen to psytrance or downtempo ambient stuff so everything I listen to is available free from Ektoplasm or darkpsyportal. What an amazing time we live in. Great free music everywhere!

Only buy vinyl, actually stopped buying music when vinyl disappeared in the late 90's and enjoying it's current reprise. Not a fan of CDs and well mp3 why would you buy them, so much available music to free stream eveywhere.

Last 3 vinyl buys

New Order NOMC15 from Pledgemusic
Rag'n'Bone Man Human Deluxe from the artists official store and Wolves from Amazon.
Fight Club OST Reissue from Zavvi
The Orb Cow/Chillout from Kompact

Other outlets The Vinyl Factory, Phonica Records, Norman Records, Picadilly Records, Townsend music, Kompact

My favorite is of course prog/art rock. But I listen a lot of music from different genres including (but not limited to) ambient, goth, neoclassical, pop, country, synthwave, electronic. I absolutely can't stand modern cookie-cutter popular music like r&b, edm and all that wobble sh1t.

I usually prefer buying from artist home page or bandcamp. I also do buy from no nonsence direct download webstores like 7digital. I'm never going to get my music from iTunes as long as Apple insist on installing their sh1tty software.
No signature here!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”