any soundcraft signature 12 mtk users out there ??

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any soundcraft signature 12 mtk users out there ??

i was thinking of getting one for my techno set up i only have 1 hardware synthesier at the moment
i think it can put vst on the channel , am i right ??
and can the faders of the mixer control the faders in ableton ??

do you think i shud buy it ?? thanks in advance

lectropunk wrote:any soundcraft signature 12 mtk users out there ??
I have the 22 MTK (I have yet to use the soundcard, though!)
lectropunk wrote:i was thinking of getting one for my techno set up i only have 1 hardware synthesier at the moment
i think it can put vst on the channel , am i right ??
Yes, the "usb insertion point" is after the preamp and before the eq. Keep in mind plugin's and audio I/O latency, though (it's a general advice when using a pc as a fx processor, not something specific about the signature mtk).
lectropunk wrote:and can the faders of the mixer control the faders in ableton ??
No. The Signature mixers are not midi controllers, so it won't control Ableton Live. It's an analog mixer with a soundcard built in.
Of course you can make an analog mix with multiple channels coming out from the pc (please mind the gain staging of the Signature series mixers: the returns from the pc are a bit soft... the benefit is a lot of headroom, which I like, but this can be a problem for someone else; also you can't overdrive the channels coming from the pc because the preamps are before the soundcard I/O)
lectropunk wrote:do you think i shud buy it ?? thanks in advance
I like my MTK 22 (I use it in my homestudio for my synths); if you like the sound of the mixer and it suits you workflow and you can integrate it in your setup, then go for it; otherwise look for something else.
Keep in mind the particular gain staging and the lack of insertion point for hardware processors (it may matter in some situations).
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

thanks man for your wisdom your a legend

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”