It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, I just today finished my library for Spire, my most recent purchase. As of right now, Every synth I own I have either already done a library for or have no interest in doing one for.

I'm going to be getting Hive with the $25 I got for doing the survey. So that's one synth I can start working on for May. But I need one more.

Here is the list of what I own. Before you even suggest it, I have no desire to create another library for a synth I've already done. After 150 to 200 patches, I get burnt out programming anymore for that synth, usually because, personally, I already have everything I'd want for sounds. Coming up with another 150 to 200 sounds would be like pulling teeth. So I want something new. Problem is, I have been combing the Internet looking for something...ANYTHING...that's fairly popular that I don't own and am coming up empty. Maybe there's nothing left.

Anyway, here's the list. I've left out the free synths that I own because I don't see any point in doing libraries for free synths. For those who find this all mercenary and distasteful because it's for "business" and not for making music, no need to respond. For those few who want to help me out, I'd appreciate your help greatly. Sadly, I think there's nothing left. Again, I am looking for something that is popular.

A.N.A.
ABSynth 5
ACE
Analog Lab
Analog Laboratory
ArcSyn
ARP 2600 V
Avenger
Bazille
Blue II
CRX 4
CS 80
Cycle
Cyclop
DaHornet
Discovery Pro
Diva
Dune 2
Electra 2
Element
Factory
Falcon
FM8
Harmor
Icarus
ImpOSCar 2
Iris 2
Jupiter 8V
KarmaFX Modular
Legend
M1
Massive
Mini V
Modular V
Mono Poly
MorphoX
Mpowersynth
Mr Alias Pro
MS 20
MUX Modular
Nave
Nemesis
Oberheim SEM
Omnisphere
OP-X Pro II
Poly KB III
Prophet V
Rapid
Rayblaster
Repro-1
Serum
Softube Modular
Spectral
Spire
Sunrizer
Syn'X 2
Synclavier V
Synthmaster
The Mangle
VirtualCZ
Wavemapper 2
Wavestation
Wiggle
XILS 4
Z3ta+2
Zebra 2

- Waldorf Largo
- Tone2 Saurus 2
- Tone2 Gladiator 2
- Waves Codex
- Synthmaster One
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I wish I had your problems :hihi:
Your whole approach is weird in my view. I still think you should focus on quality rather than quantity. Your patches are not really professional.

Anyway, maybe Retrologue, which might have more users than one might think as it is part of Cubase if I am not mistaken.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I still think you should focus on quality rather than quantity.
I agree. For example, you can do a Version 2 of your free WusikStation 8 library. That synth has improved a LOT this past year, and if your sound design skills have also improved in ways that can take advantage of WS8 improvements, a V2 library could be so much better. Synths have new versions, why not preset banks?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Synthmaster One
Obscurium
Poly-Ana

:wink:

OnePingOnly
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

FAW Circle 2

Oh no not another west world problem again. :cry: You have more than enough for a lifetime. I have only a handful, plus Kontakt and sample libraries. I always manage to create new sounds either from scratch or combine presets and voila a new sound. It's not that difficult. The combinations are endless for me and it is the same for you.

Curve 2

Carbon electra

Aloysius wrote:OnePingOnly
+10000000000000000000000000000
yes, and i'm still waiting for a 128bit TwoPingsOnly version with the ability to detune the 2 pings!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ingonator wrote:- Waldorf Largo
- Tone2 Saurus 2
- Tone2 Gladiator 2
- Waves Codex
- Synthmaster One
My Tone 2 libraries don't sell. I've done 3 of them already (Electra 2, Nemesis and Icarus) and all were terrible sellers. Icarus was the best of the 3 and that's not saying much. Waves Codex I demo'd and didn't like it. Synthmaster One seems like just a smaller version of Synthmaster. I don't see the point. Waldorf Largo I demo'd and don't like the GUI at all.

Niklashe wrote:Curve 2

Carbon electra
Curve 2 I demo'd and don't like. Same with Carbon Electra.

What about patch banks for FX plug-ins?

wagtunes wrote:Waves Codex I demo'd and didn't like it.
Wow really.. That's one of the only softsynths I rate. I wonder how much of a preset market there is for it though.

I get the feeling the preset market works just like any other market - pick the most popular 'thing' and just repeat it. Stick with the synth of the moment and get banks done as quickly as you can before the popularity fades?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

fluffy_little_something wrote:Anyway, maybe Retrologue, which might have more users than one might think as it is part of Cubase if I am not mistaken.
Second this. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”