It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote:If you're going to have a go at VirtualCZ, can you test your presets in mono? I seem to remember that when I was messing about with it at one time that the chorus effect didn't translate well to mono. My memory may be failing but it would only take you a minute to confirm or deny my suspicion.
I am honestly not sure how I would do that nor am I going to concern myself with it. I rarely use built in chorus FX when doing patches anyway, sticking mostly to reverb and delay.

No problem.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The reason you need a synth on this occasion is to create a new bank of patches ?
Surely this belongs in the Soundware forum or perhaps you're own site ?

bob bobwood wrote:The reason you need a synth on this occasion is to create a new bank of patches ?
Surely you belong in another thread.

Why can other people come here looking for synths but I can't?

Who died and made YOU the forum police?

wagtunes wrote:Surely you belong in another thread. Why can other people come here looking for synths but I can't? Who died and made YOU the forum police?
He has a point because you are a business. And you sound like a wagenheim! :hihi:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =wagenheim
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

What about Diversion?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Surely you belong in another thread. Why can other people come here looking for synths but I can't? Who died and made YOU the forum police?
He has a point because you are a business. And you sound like a wagenheim! :hihi:
I was always under the impression this called called a gooch.

...but you definitely do sound like one :wink:
Feed The Paw

Robmobius wrote:What about Diversion?
I demo'd it. Would even try using it if I could win it in the OSC. But honestly, at that price, I'm just not in love with the synth enough to get it. The filters bother me for some reason. I don't know what it is about them (maybe somebody can explain their character or whatever) but they just don't wow me.

It's definitely on my "marginal maybe someday" list but still not there. If they ran a sale, maybe. But it appears he never does so that's unlikely.

And honestly, the only reason I'm getting Hive (actually 2 reasons)

1. It's U-he and their libraries always do well for me.

2. I got the $25 coupon for the survey so that knocks enough off the price so I can justify it.

But honestly, owning Serum and all the other synths that Hive essentially covers, it's not a synth I "need" which is why I've put off getting it, whereas their other synths cover ground I can't seem to get anywhere else. That makes Hive a strange synth coming from U-he. It doesn't fit their usual MO.

TheCatBurglar wrote:
Michael L wrote:
I was always under the impression this called called a gooch.

...but you definitely do sound like one :wink:
Whatever. Do you REALLY think I care what some people here think of me? If I did, I would have been long gone before 6,800 posts. So save it. I've heard it all before.

Regarding Diversion: Observe the Sell & Buy forum, you may be able to pick up a copy for around 65 €. The filters in Diversion are nice IMO, and sound quality is really good. Only thing that bothered me about it was the performance, it really doesn't perform very well. Do a Spire like pad with 2 or 3 oscillators, and you need to hold on to your pants, because it's CPU melt down. While it doesn't sound much better than Spire, IMO.

Regarding Hive: Not sure if it's comparable with Serum... Hive is more of a Sylenth1 like supersaw, everything-on-one-page, i-consume-as-little-CPU-power-as-possible compromised synth, which is probably also why you think it doesn't fit in u-he's usual raster. Serum is rather a classic Massive-like wavetable synth, AFAIC.

Michael L giving us the the definition of a wagenheim was all the diversion I needed :ud: :D

bob bobwood wrote:The reason you need a synth on this occasion is to create a new bank of patches ?
I disagree. He's asking about synths because he plans on purchasing another one for both developing a preset bank and for use in his own productions. Once he buys a synth and develops a preset bank for it, he could advertise his bank on the Soundware forum, but this thread is clearly not for that purpose.

On another note, I think it's ridiculous that he has to keep defending his reasons for his threads. He has clearly explained numerous times exactly why he is looking for a new synth, and he has legitimate reasons for asking. He is supporting many developers, putting his skills to work, and offering a product that helps him recoup his investment. A lot of us are trying to do the same thing with our music, so what's the problem?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

+1

Wagtunes did so many guess the synth threads that DH Miltz had to add a sticky disclaimer about it

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=451118

So what Wagtunes is doing now is bending the rules, instead of guess the synth thread's he is adding "I need a synth again" thread every other day.

In the end it is more or less just the same, a way to promote his paid soundware.
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Michael L giving us the the definition of a wagenheim was all the diversion I needed :ud: :D
I read the definition before... by a user who's banned now. ;)

cryophonik wrote:
I disagree. He's asking about synths because he plans on purchasing another one for both developing a preset bank and for use in his own productions. Once he buys a synth and develops a preset bank for it, he could advertise his bank on the Soundware forum, but this thread is clearly not for that purpose.

On another note, I think it's ridiculous that he has to keep defending his reasons for his threads. He has clearly explained numerous times exactly why he is looking for a new synth, and he has legitimate reasons for asking. He is supporting many developers, putting his skills to work, and offering a product that helps him recoup his investment. A lot of us are trying to do the same thing with our music, so what's the problem?
The problem is simple.

There are a number of assholes in this forum who simply hate me. Things that other people do (like posting Soundcloud links, and no I won't mention the names) are perfectly acceptable. But when I do it, the complaints start coming in.

News flash to those who haven't already heard this. I've been down this road with the mods already. Nothing I am doing here is against forum policy. So by all means, go report this thread if you think it violates some rule. I assure you, you'll be ignored.

I've said in the past that I hate this forum. I take that back. What I hate is some of the petty people here who have nothing better to do than rag on me constantly.

Guess what guys? It's pathetic and it's getting very, very old. And worse yet, I don't even give a crap anymore.

So by all means, continue with your childish and petty behavior.

Like I said, without it, these threads would be dull and boring.

cryophonik, thank you for coming to my defense. It's people like you who keep me here. The rest can go fly a kite for all I care.

Return to “Instruments”