Analog Obsession released free "FILTEQ" vintage eq! [4/1/17: Fixed AU]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Secret weapon! Inspired by Filtek MK3!

Features:
– 3-band equalizer with bypass-switch
– Each band has 12 selectable frequencies with +/-16dB of stepped gain and a 2-way selectable Q-switch
– High frequency band: 1,8k / 2,2 / 2,7/ 3,4/ 4/ 5/ 6,5 / 8 / 10 / 12/ 15 / 18 Khz
– Mid frequency band: 380 / 450 / 600 / 700 / 900 Hz /1 / 1,3 / 1,6 /2 / 2,5 / 3 / 3,8 Khz
– Low frequency band: 50 /60 /80 /100 / 120 140 / 180 / 220 / 270 330 / 400/ 500 Hz
– Lowpass-filter: 5 / 8 /10 / 12 / 15 kHz
– Highpass-filter: 80, 160, 240, 320, 500 Hz

Supported Platforms

Audio Unit,VST 2.4.All platforms support both 32 and 64 bit operation.

Supported Operation Systems

Mac OSX 10.5 or newer
Windows 7 or newer

Technical Specifications

Sample Rate Support: up to 192 khz
Bit Depth: 64 bits

http://analogobsession.com/product/filteq/
Last edited by tunca on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

What an amazing free plugin! Thank you.

This will be extremely useful for basic mixing tasks. Very nice sounding. Quite strange too in how it operates.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The link wont work here (IE on Windows phone). The page opens then immediately closes again :neutral:

Thanks!

Thanks!
What an amazing free plugin! Thank you.

This will be extremely useful for basic mixing tasks. Very nice sounding. Quite strange too in how it operates.
You're welcome!
The link wont work here (IE on Windows phone). The page opens then immediately closes again :neutral:
Just checked my friend's Windows phone.You're right.Link not working.Actually i have no idea why.Android(my phone) and IOS working good.

Sorry about issue.

No worries. I'll try later on my PC. :)

Gave this one a few minutes earlier today and the UI is tough to work with but it's a very colorful EQ. Definitely, has a sound to it and is a nice introduction to your company.

It's a freebie so I'm not complaining, but since you're a new company, I hope some feedback can help (if not with this product then future ones). I'd suggest making this EQ a bit wider to accommodate larger knobs and some larger/clearer text. Also, the black knobs on the black background are difficult to see. I'd suggest making one or the other a bit lighter to add some contrast. In terms of UI size/style, take a look at the SSL EQ in Slate's VMR. It's a black on black design with similar features, but the size and legibility of the UI are much better, making it easier to work with. A similar UI here would be very welcome. On my 4k monitor in Studio One, which doesn't scale plugin UI's (i.e. my laptop setup), this would be impossible to operate in its current state. Lastly, a clean output gain/trim knob is always appreciated on plugin EQ's IMO.

Thanks for the nice freebie!

Fantastic - Can't wait to give this a test run. Thank you :)
Feed The Paw

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:a clean output gain/trim knob is always appreciated on plugin EQ's IMO.
Hear, hear !

Or, in numbers :

+1

:)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Thank You for the very nice freebie. Sounds really good.

This is original picture how it looks like in reality:
Lesha help!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for the freebie...one question, am I right in thinking that this eq always has subtle boost on the selected frequencies as there's no zero setting? It sounds like it is.

kenobi77 wrote:Thanks for the freebie...one question, am I right in thinking that this eq always has subtle boost on the selected frequencies as there's no zero setting? It sounds like it is.
You're right.No zero point with this eq.Started at 2dB.

Tp3 wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:a clean output gain/trim knob is always appreciated on plugin EQ's IMO.
Hear, hear !

Or, in numbers :

+1

+1 for this request from me too! This goes for all the other commercial EQ plugins as well and also Brutus compressor needs this desperately as the output GAIN knob is not at all clean, nor digital. It's full of surprises (in a good way!).

Currently I insert an instance of Blue Cat Gain before and after to do all the gain staging, into and out of the plugins which easily adds a lot of clutter in the mix.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
Hear, hear !

Or, in numbers :

+1

+1 for this request from me too! This goes for all the other commercial EQ plugins as well and also Brutus compressor needs this desperately as the output GAIN knob is not at all clean, nor digital. It's full of surprises (in a good way!).

Currently I insert an instance of Blue Cat Gain before and after to do all the gain staging, into and out of the plugins which easily adds a lot of clutter in the mix.
Can not agree more. The magic of this plugin is related to input gain

Many thanks for the freebie!

There is a possible issue with the gain knobs. They are not truly stepped even though the GUI implies so. When you move the mouse between the steps, the gain is changing continuously. Not sure if the developer has intended it to behave like this, but you can get about +/- 3dB of gain without seeing it on the GUI.

Return to “Effects”