It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kevvvvv wrote:wag
You say to analyze where the best sales come from. How exactly do you do that?
I meant analyze where your own best sales come from. It's the only baseline you've got. Everything else is speculation & risk, though that doesn't stop you using your nouse when you look around, eg:

Which synths get the most best talked about threads at KVR?

Which synths have music radar 10 ratings, or awards, or are a top 5 synth of the year?

Which synths don't have that much soundware to choose from?

Which dance synths don't have any old school sounds like you do?

Open a KVR Survey and ask

That's 5 easy-to-do ideas, plus your own sales volume analysis.

Can't fail :lol:

otoh maybe you just like any excuse for buying more synths :D But this is letting predilection get in the way of business :-?
Thanks. Great ideas. Though I am going to pass on the poll. I do one of those here and they'll be lynching me. Actually, the funny thing is, I did one of those early on and one of the synths that finished at the top of the list turned out to be one of my worst selling libraries, so even those are not fool proof.

But you have given me some great ideas to work on and I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

Thank you, sincerely.

masterhiggins wrote:There aren't too many Aalto sets and I haven't seen any kaivo.
I'll be the first to admit it. Programming those things is beyond me. I tried working with the demos but just couldn't wrap my head around them. Guess I'm just not smart enough. Maybe, however, that's why there aren't too many sets for these synths. Maybe lots of people find them difficult to program.

wagtunes wrote:
Robmobius wrote:What about Diversion?
I demo'd it. Would even try using it if I could win it in the OSC. But honestly, at that price, I'm just not in love with the synth enough to get it. The filters bother me for some reason. I don't know what it is about them (maybe somebody can explain their character or whatever) but they just don't wow me.

It's definitely on my "marginal maybe someday" list but still not there. If they ran a sale, maybe. But it appears he never does so that's unlikely.
I think Diversion is a bit of an acquired taste. I wasn't all that impressed with the demo at first tbh, but as I played with it more I really liked it. Then caved in and bought it. :)

But it's quite a digital sound which may not suit everybody. My only gripe with it is the CPU. It goes through the roof if you use a lot of unison (but it sounds great).

As you said might be worth getting if you see it on the cheap.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

D16 Lush 101 is on sale now, 70% off. (Plugin Boutique)

AnX wrote:D16 Lush 101 is on sale now, 70% off. (Plugin Boutique)
Lush is a great option!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

That's one of those synths that I would love to get. And it's not that the GUI itself is too small. There is just too much stuff on one screen like Poly-Ana. I downloaded the demo and tried to work with it but it simply made my eyes cross trying to program it so I'd be using it as nothing more than a rompler. I'm not knocking the sound. But it's another one of those synths I wish they made tabs for.

Robmobius wrote:
Lush is a great option!
Okay, for the heck of it, I redownloaded the demo and installed it. I have no idea where the installer put it. It didn't give me a choice of installation destination and I can't find it.

wagtunes wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Lush is a great option!
Okay, for the heck of it, I redownloaded the demo and installed it. I have no idea where the installer put it. It didn't give me a choice of installation destination and I can't find it.
I think you'll like it, if you like the old Roland sound, and if they've improved the screen GUI that'll be a decent beast. :)

Originally, when it was first released the GUI was a pain to use as it was minuscule. :(

Robmobius wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
Lush is a great option!
I think you'll like it, if you like the old Roland sound, and if they've improved the screen GUI that'll be a decent beast. :)

Originally, when it was first released the GUI was a pain to use as it was minuscule. :(
I finally found it. Sounds great. Can't use it. Stupidest GUI I've ever seen. The keyboard at the bottom, which is TOTALLY worthless, is half the size of the whole GUI. The lettering is ridiculously small. Plus, the color scheme is terrible. No contrast between text and background. Too much stuff on one screen.

How can ANYBODY possibly say this is a good GUI?

Anyway, I gave it a 2nd shot but even at $49 there is just no way I can use this other than for a preset machine.

I remember the demo, had the same issues with it. It looks nice at first, but usability is another story. Wasting about 35-40% of the GUI on the keyboard was indeed not very clever :roll:

Well, I just downloaded the Strobe2 demo.

:sigh: What is it with these developers and their GUIs? This is supposed to be an improvement over Strobe. What I see is tons of wasted space, again. And when I go to rescale this thing, not being able to find anything in the synth itself, I go online to search for how to do it and discover that I have to go into my registry to change settings?

Seriously?

Synth sounds great but that browser is a train wreck. How does anybody read the descriptions for each patch? Yeah, the main programming area is fine and I can work with it, but the wasted space on this thing is ridiculous. The top and left hand side of the UI is unreadable. Zebra 2 is half the size and I can read everything perfectly.

Absolutely frustrating.

Okay, I was NOT going to give up. So I searched for the Strobe2 manual and opened it up. Finally found a section on Preferences with a "Magnification" option.

NOW I can work with this thing. So yes, Strobe 2 is on my list of synths to buy.

Tomorrow, a friend of a friend is coming by the house to by a big chunk of my MTG collection. I'll be making over 3K from the sale so I'll have more than enough to buy whatever I need.

So, I'll be getting...

Hive
Strobe 2

And will be looking into Obscurium.

Lush 101: GUI resizable and Keyboard (GUI) could be switched off. Also Multicore Option is available :roll:

AndreasH wrote:Lush 101: GUI resizable and Keyboard (GUI) could be switched off. Also Multicore Option is available :roll:
Okay, how do you resize the Lush GUI? I can't find it?

In the Options, last tab. There's only 2 sizes to choose from though, and the bigger one with blow up your display. :)

Return to “Instruments”