How the hell does unison work in strobe2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just recorded a Video of me testing strobe2(the 2.3 version) side by side with strobe one and I recorded some weird behaviour. After some testing(off camera) I've noticed that messing with the voice count or the unison count can make the program bug out with held notes and randoms tones. (I have the random tones part recorded.)

https://vimeo.com/209920246
~Pyrotek45

I only had time to watch a bit, but it actually looks like a problem with hanging notes rather than a polyphony limit. If it were some kind of polyphony limit you would hear note stealing but it would still play the higher notes as you go, since your priority is set to newest. So, hanging note bug. Anyway I'd send it to Fxpansion for a look.

Do you have another DAW (even a trial one) to test this out on?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I only had time to watch a bit, but it actually looks like a problem with hanging notes rather than a polyphony limit. If it were some kind of polyphony limit you would hear note stealing but it would still play the higher notes as you go, since your priority is set to newest. So, hanging note bug. Anyway I'd send it to Fxpansion for a look.

Do you have another DAW (even a trial one) to test this out on?
I tried reaper and it reacted the same. halfway through the video, you can hear some odd sounds and tones being created. Maybe you're right, it has to be some sort of note stealing/hanging bug. I definitely think there is a bug that doesn't play nice when changing the voice/unison(in real-time) while it's playing aswell.
~Pyrotek45

Just tried this in Cubase 9 with latest Strobe 2. All ok.

Pyrotek45 wrote:I just recorded a Video of me testing strobe2(the 2.3 version) side by side with strobe one and I recorded some weird behaviour. After some testing(off camera) I've noticed that messing with the voice count or the unison count can make the program bug out with held notes and randoms tones. (I have the random tones part recorded.)

I watched the video, and I see/hear what you mean.

It works ok for me, and I use Sonar X3.
Maybe it is the DAW you're using and some sort of interaction between it and Strobe 2.

Heh I just upgraded to this for $33, just
goes to show: if you wait long enough, they will sell it dirt cheap.

Think I waited 2 years or something. Honestly I just forgot about it cuz synths are no longer a priority for me.
I has plenty.

-cheers
*sry for ot.

Examigan wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:I just recorded a Video of me testing strobe2(the 2.3 version) side by side with strobe one and I recorded some weird behaviour. After some testing(off camera) I've noticed that messing with the voice count or the unison count can make the program bug out with held notes and randoms tones. (I have the random tones part recorded.)

I watched the video, and I see/hear what you mean.

It works ok for me, and I use Sonar X3.
Maybe it is the DAW you're using and some sort of interaction between it and Strobe 2.
maybe, i put in a bug report to them, maybe it will get sorted out.
~Pyrotek45

Hi, i have issue in strobe 2 v2.3.0.25, it seems the same as described above.
If rapidly play notes then some of it's just not sounds.
Or, for better reproduce - if set release a bit longer than default (in default factory preset), and begin press to notes, the first few notes sounds, and next no sound. (And need wait some time for available play again).
And in any of factory presets which has the voice amount larger than 6 for example, can reproduce the same.
In principle, this is really very similar to some result of some voice limit system (which can be explained due to complex modulation system), but, also i tried install previous available in account version v2.0.2.17 - all just fine, no such shit behavior. Thus it's bug ?

But new abilities really impressed, but damn, how was available release latest (not called as beta) version with ignore such issue, just in perplexity.

(Win7 64bit for just in case)

And it not related to DAW - i tried in stiudio one3, ableton, even in standalone. Maybe cpu model related ? I dont know.

Hi, i see your video and can confirm the same issue here with v2.3.0.25

c_voltage wrote:

Hi, i see your video and can confirm the same issue here with v2.3.0.25
Well I'm glad it's not just me.
~Pyrotek45

Please try the Strobe2 2.3.2.8 update which was just posted - it fixed a bug affecting old SSE2 & SSE4 CPUs (not AVX models) which may well be the cause of the behaviour you experienced.

Thanks!

Yes, in 2.3.2.8 this problem gone, thanks.

Return to “Instruments”