It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bob bobwood wrote:You mean this one, which I have cut down ?
kevvvvv wrote:~~~~~~~~~
I don't see a problem in a dev or designer engaging a KVR audience. If people weren't interested they'd boycott the thread.

Since Day One, KVR has been like a second home for devs & designers who want to talk to their customers. This is part of what makes KVR special & different :)
I am not arguing against what you are doing and I acknowledge what kevvvvv says in the last sentence, but it belongs in the appropriate forum section, where I'd probably ignore it (boycott seems a strange term).
+1

Exactly the way I see it.

I have never told the OP to not promote his soundsets. I have told him to promote them in the correct place.

This is correct of course:
kevvvvv wrote:I don't see a problem in a dev or designer engaging a KVR audience. If people weren't interested they'd boycott the thread.
But I am not sure if kevvvvv knows that in recent times a Soundware forum has been opened here.

That is the proper place to put threads interacting with users about Soundware

There, or in "How to get that sound"

Numanoid wrote:
bob bobwood wrote:You mean this one, which I have cut down ?
kevvvvv wrote:~~~~~~~~~
I don't see a problem in a dev or designer engaging a KVR audience. If people weren't interested they'd boycott the thread.

Since Day One, KVR has been like a second home for devs & designers who want to talk to their customers. This is part of what makes KVR special & different :)
I am not arguing against what you are doing and I acknowledge what kevvvvv says in the last sentence, but it belongs in the appropriate forum section, where I'd probably ignore it (boycott seems a strange term).
+1

Exactly the way I see it.

I have never told the OP to not promote his soundsets. I have told him to promote them in the correct place.

This is correct of course:
kevvvvv wrote:I don't see a problem in a dev or designer engaging a KVR audience. If people weren't interested they'd boycott the thread.
But I am not sure if kevvvvv knows that in recent times a Soundware forum has been opened here.

That is the proper place to put threads interacting with users about Soundware

There, or in "How to get that sound"
Give it up man. You're wrong. Plain and simple. You're wrong.

But by all means. Go PM Kev. Ask him if he's aware that there is a soundware forum or whatever forum YOU think asking for a synth recommendation belongs in.

And then come back and tell me what he says.

Until then...get the hell out my face already. You're becoming a total pain in the ass with your complaints about something that A MODERATOR SAID WAS PERFECTLY FINE.

Is it any wonder why I hate some of the people here?

wagtunes wrote:Is it any wonder why I hate some of the people here?
Man, seriously, take a break

You are going at this thread like it was the end of the world.

Seems the last thing you did before going to sleep was to post, and then first thing in the morning was to post again
Postby wagtunes; Mar 25th, '17, 04:45
Postby wagtunes; Mar 25th, '17, 12:41
To below poster, OK, so you can't take a break :roll:
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Is it any wonder why I hate some of the people here?
Man, seriously, take a break

You are going at this thread like it was the end of the world.

Seems the last thing you did before going to sleep was to post, and then first thing in the morning was to post again
Postby wagtunes; Mar 25th, '17, 04:45
Postby wagtunes; Mar 25th, '17, 12:41
What does this have to do with anything? YOU are the one who keeps harping on a thread that a moderator has already said is FINE. But YOU won't let it go. YOU are DETERMINED to turn this thread into a forum rule violation in SPITE of a moderator coming in and saying that I was doing NOTHING WRONG.

So don't tell me to take a break. How about you just finally admit you're wrong, get off my back AND...if you don't like what's going on here...STAY OUT OF IT.

The correct title for this thread would be:
It's That Time Again...I Need Attention
:roll:

I think that after 15 pages it's reasonable to assume that the Mods are happy for this thread to stay in the Instruments forum.

For those posters that have spent the last umpteen pages complaining that it should be moved:

1. If you are doing it just to wind up Wagtunes, then stop - there are far more entertaining ways of doing this.
2. If you are serious, then perhaps you should consider getting a life.

There are plenty of threads posted in the wrong forums without it leading to people getting their knickers in such a twist.

Of course we could solve all this by giving Wags his own dedicated sub-forum. :wink:

1wob2many wrote:Of course we could solve all this by giving Wags his own dedicated sub-forum. :wink:
If this means he would no longer be allowed to post anywhere else, I'm all for it :D

Reefius wrote:The correct title for this thread would be:
It's That Time Again...I Need Attention
:roll:
No, the correct title is what it is. I needed synth suggestions. I got quite a few good ones. Even made one purchase (Lush 101) already.

This is just more sour grapes from another one of my haters.

You guys are so pathetic I don't even know why I bother giving you any of my attention.

If you have a problem with my threads...STAY THE HELL OUT OF 'EM.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think you are a bit too present and repetitive on KVR, which causes a kind of allergic reaction in some people.
I have seen it with a couple of other posters as well, including myself :hihi: Now that I post little and spend more time on music itself, people seem more relaxed about me...

Vortifex wrote:You have the Korg Polysix? I see you have the other Korg VTSs, wondered if you missed that one out.
The only Korg synth I was able to program was the MS-20 and I did do a library for it. The others, forget it. I mean have you SEEN those GUIs? I don't see how they can expect ANYBODY to work with them they're so small. And I owned a Wavestation back in the day but this is ridiculous.

So thanks, I'll pass on trying to program the rest of 'em.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I think you are a bit too present and repetitive on KVR, which causes a kind of allergic reaction in some people.
I have seen it with a couple of other posters as well, including myself :hihi: Now that I post little and spend more time on music itself, people seem more relaxed about me...
Well you know what? Too F'ing bad. I have just as much a right to be here as anybody else. They don't like it, they don't have to come to my threads.

Hey, here's a thought. If everybody just stayed away from these threads, they'd drop off of page 1 in less than a day. But no, the people who hate my guts have to keep coming back to remind me how much they hate my guts. It's like an obsession with them.

Simple solution, like Kev said. Boycott the thread if you think it's in violation of something. Otherwise, STFU.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Vortifex wrote:You have the Korg Polysix? I see you have the other Korg VTSs, wondered if you missed that one out.
The only Korg synth I was able to program was the MS-20 and I did do a library for it. The others, forget it. I mean have you SEEN those GUIs? I don't see how they can expect ANYBODY to work with them they're so small. And I owned a Wavestation back in the day but this is ridiculous.

So thanks, I'll pass on trying to program the rest of 'em.
If you click the edit button on the Polysix it opens up a better GUI for tweaking. It's still a bit smaller than I'd like but it's acceptable IMO. Here's a full size image of it:

I've done that. The synths are horrible to work with. I bought the Legacy collection without demoing it first (big mistake) They and the original Arturia synths are the reason why I will no longer buy a synth I can't demo first unless it is so obvious that it's the most amazing thing since sliced bread (Like Falcon) that buying it is a no brainer. The only reason I'm not sorry I got the Legacy collection is because the MS-20 may be one of my favorite VSTs. To my ears, it sounds just as good as the hardware. Wavestation sounds identical to the hardware too but I can't program the darn thing.

They really need to update their GUIs, though I know that's never going to happen.

chk071 wrote:
Michael L wrote:
bob bobwood wrote:If the forum rules were followed (within reason), self-policing would be enough. If it all goes pear-shaped we are all the police.
I think you are still living back in 2015 when people followed rules, told the truth, treated others with respect, did not randomly abuse others, and were embarrassed about their own narcissism.
Noone is forced to reply to this thread, or not to put wagtunes on the ignore list. But, going around, and claiming he broke any rules with this thread, which he didn't, and trying to get mods to delete, or move this thread, isn't cool. It's not the first time bobwood tries this though, see his post history.

Seriously, if you don't care, or don't like what to see -> ignore. It's not that hard.
Exactly, it is easy to see who started a thread and simply not look at it if it does not interest you.

Return to “Instruments”