Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Wish: CC option for footswitch 2

Wouldn't it be nice to plug in a MIDI CC pedal and sweep CC#1 (or any other) while playing notes with one hand and adjusting sound parameters with the other hand! :-)
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

I guess this is a bug report for the Push Script #8 and/or BWS 2.0:

When using the "Preferences / Recent Projects" for launching a project of three instrument tracks where two are fetching their MIDI inputs, by a Note Receiver device, from the third (master) track the Push #1 is not being initiated. It is unresponsive with the display saying "Ableton Push / Please start Live to play..."

When using the "File / Open" command to launch the same project the Push #1 initiates a little better, but still with some buttons out of order. The three synths in use are Polysynth, FM4 and the 643 bit Albino 3.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!

moss wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!
Good to hear, Moss. Thank you for your helping the community with your excellent skills! :-)
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen

moss wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!
Thank you Moss for your brilliant work. Plenty more Dr. Who's to come

Best
Dale

Thanks for writing JAVA for this, I don't and You're reason I got push 2. Got bigwig 2 running, push 2 and new java didn't light up all the side buttons but screen lit up. So I trashed new java for bigwig 2 and re downloaded for version 1.3.6 and it works fine as far as I can tell.

I did this same with Push1. Now my controllers work again using the Push script version I had in 1.3.6.

What is the problem when the Push#1 doesn't update visuals but still sends note and control data to BWS 2.0? This is with an empty project holding 36 instrument tracks, most of them hosting the Kontakt sampler.

Is this a Push script bug or a Bitwig 2.0 bug? I need to know fast because I have to make a decision about starting up a new project in BWS 2.0 or Ableton?
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen

pboy wrote:What is the problem when the Push#1 doesn't update visuals but still sends note and control data to BWS 2.0? This is with an empty project holding 36 instrument tracks, most of them hosting the Kontakt sampler.

Is this a Push script bug or a Bitwig 2.0 bug? I need to know fast because I have to make a decision about starting up a new project in BWS 2.0 or Ableton?
Never heard of such a problem. Is there an error in the Javascript console?

Just wondering if and when the bitwig API will be updated for this feature to be added to 3rd party push scripts?

Maybe there's a current way to do it that I'm not aware of?

Step locking/p-locking is when you hold down a note and then can alter any parameter related to only that note. Eg, the last snare in the bar you could turn up the reverb wet/dry a little. You can automate this anyway, but being able to do it full hands on is a lot nicer.

It's possible in ableton, just to make it clear.
I posted this elsewhere. Is there any current solution or news for this?

:tu:

moss wrote:
pboy wrote:What is the problem when the Push#1 doesn't update visuals but still sends note and control data to BWS 2.0? This is with an empty project holding 36 instrument tracks, most of them hosting the Kontakt sampler.

Never heard of such a problem. Is there an error in the Javascript console?
I think they maybe pressed the arrow pad and moved across in the clip timeline , I had the same issue until I realised what I'd done.

AFAIK the Bitwig API still doesn't allow direct access to single notes. I really hope they add it soon, it's kinda irritating how long it has taken. I mainly want it so we can nudge specific hits forwards and backwards off the grid, accurately edit the velocity of single hits etc...

can anybody help me? I am totally lost. I was able to get Push2 in the controllers page in BitWig, but i have failed in getting it to see the display. I installed both the JDK and Java runtime. tried running "run.command" in the push2display folder, no luck...

thanks in advance.

BassTooth wrote:can anybody help me? I am totally lost. I was able to get Push2 in the controllers page in BitWig, but i have failed in getting it to see the display. I installed both the JDK and Java runtime. tried running "run.command" in the push2display folder, no luck...

thanks in advance.
What platform are you on?
Have you checked the installation instructions?
https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig ... stallation

moss wrote:
BassTooth wrote:can anybody help me? I am totally lost. I was able to get Push2 in the controllers page in BitWig, but i have failed in getting it to see the display. I installed both the JDK and Java runtime. tried running "run.command" in the push2display folder, no luck...

thanks in advance.
What platform are you on?
Have you checked the installation instructions?
https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig ... stallation
Hi Moss, which version should i use, you website or Github?

Return to “Controller Scripting”