Help for a newbie

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie in sound mixing, VSTs, etc. Sort of just trying to take baby steps in understanding this a bit more. So I found this forum and hoping I can get some pointers here. :)

I was hoping I could get some pointers here... I'm using VST plugins and I have some recordings that I'm applying the plugins in order to learn better.

These are live recordings of a church service with a lot of different sound signatures. The recordings have some singing vocals which I'm applying compression to and then different individual voices, some with more loudness than others.

If I want to apply more loudness to a particular voice that came out too low on the recording, can someone give me some pointers on how to play around with that effect?

thank you
Ricardo

If I want to apply more loudness to a particular voice that came out too low on the recording, can someone give me some pointers on how to play around with that effect?
The DAW you use should have a volume/gain control on that track. If that does not do exactly what you want you can also use a compressor effect.
~stratum~

So, every singer is on an own track? In this case (like stratum said) simply use the tracks volume control.

Some DAWs also allow to adjust the tracks level ("clip gain"), so that all tracks are loudness equalized.

If it was a live recording and one of the singers did not have the same volume or was standing farther from the microphone, I do not assume you can do much about it.

If all singers had their own mike and were recorded on separate channels, you can simply increase the volume and lower the others in comparison..
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

rkleemann wrote:Hello,

I'm a complete newbie in sound mixing, VSTs, etc. Sort of just trying to take baby steps in understanding this a bit more. So I found this forum and hoping I can get some pointers here. :)

I was hoping I could get some pointers here... I'm using VST plugins and I have some recordings that I'm applying the plugins in order to learn better.

These are live recordings of a church service with a lot of different sound signatures. The recordings have some singing vocals which I'm applying compression to and then different individual voices, some with more loudness than others.

thank you
Ricardo

get a brickwall limiter like waves L1 or L2 low the "threshold" and put the output at less that -6db
then use an EQ to bring up certain frequencies that are shared by the lowest guy in the choir
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”