It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
Vortifex wrote:You have the Korg Polysix? I see you have the other Korg VTSs, wondered if you missed that one out.
The only Korg synth I was able to program was the MS-20 and I did do a library for it. The others, forget it. I mean have you SEEN those GUIs? I don't see how they can expect ANYBODY to work with them they're so small. And I owned a Wavestation back in the day but this is ridiculous.

So thanks, I'll pass on trying to program the rest of 'em.
Since you are mostly buying looking to make soundsets, you do not really 'need' to work in it on a regular basis. Why not just set your monitor resolution lower, do your sound design, and be done with it?

Reefius wrote:
1wob2many wrote:Of course we could solve all this by giving Wags his own dedicated sub-forum. :wink:
If this means he would no longer be allowed to post anywhere else, I'm all for it :D
You are the one violating forum policy and making the place less enjoyable.

If you are only buying synths to sell soundsets, why not just use up the demo period of synths that allow preset saving during the trial period?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:If you are only buying synths to sell soundsets, why not just use up the demo period of synths that allow preset saving during the trial period?
Many don't allow that, or one can't load them anymore, like on Legend. How can one even make a whole set that way?

Well, some do (I presume) and demo periods can be quite generous. If a person has nothing to do, and all day to do it, then I think it's possible.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I think it's wrong to download a demo and make a preset library and not buy the synth. It's not how I work. If I'm going to make money off the synth, I'm going to buy it.

As for increasing the resolution just to make a library, I'll pass on that too.

Back on topic. First off, I just made $3700 selling a chunk of my MTG collection so I have all the money I need to buy whatever I want.

So far, have purchased Lush-101

These are the synths on my possibly to purchase list. The ones with the * are definite. The rest depend on how the demos go and/or how other synths by the developer sell for me.

HALion 6 - $350.00 (Possibly $235 with crossgrade offer)
ONE - $99
Oxium - $104
Minimonsta - $145
Phonec - $59 *
Hive - $125 * (With $25 coupon)

So that's somewhere around $800 depending on what I can get HALion 6 for.

This should keep me more than busy enough for pretty much the rest of the year combined with my other scheduled synths so that I won't have to start another thread like this until 2018. And hopefully, between now and then, somebody will come out with some new synths.

I'm sure that's going to make a lot of people very happy.

pdxindy wrote:
Reefius wrote:
1wob2many wrote:Of course we could solve all this by giving Wags his own dedicated sub-forum. :wink:
If this means he would no longer be allowed to post anywhere else, I'm all for it :D
Wagtunes is the main reason why I bother coming to KVR. Without him the place would be 95% less interesting.

Have fun with your new synth(s) Wags!

1wob2many wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Reefius wrote:
Wagtunes is the main reason why I bother coming to KVR. Without him the place would be 95% less interesting.

Have fun with your new synth(s) Wags!
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I think this place is plenty interesting without me. But thanks anyway. And I do intend to have lots of fun with my new synths. Lush-101 is already proving to be more versatile than I expected. It's a definite surprise.

wagtunes wrote:
jbw wrote:Phonec 2
Okay, just for the hell of it (after listening to the demo) I downloaded the demo and what do you know, the GUI screen print is half the size of the actual GUI. Not sure why they'd do that but whatever.

Pretty nifty sounding synth. Kind of limited but I guess for $59 you can't expect too much. Not sure this would be any kind of seller at all but for personal use, the sounds that this thing can make, it's worth buying to actually make music with. So for that, thanks. Never heard of this one before and haven't seen one thread where anybody has even brought it up. But cool little synth for sure.
The GUI was made bigger with version 2, and I guess the screen shot just didn't get updated. There's a thread here that touches on the updates.

It is indeed a nice synth, with a few hidden tricks up it's sleeve: don't overlook the Chorus and Melt panels that need to be clicked on to open. :phones:

jbw wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jbw wrote:Phonec 2
Okay, just for the hell of it (after listening to the demo) I downloaded the demo and what do you know, the GUI screen print is half the size of the actual GUI. Not sure why they'd do that but whatever.

Pretty nifty sounding synth. Kind of limited but I guess for $59 you can't expect too much. Not sure this would be any kind of seller at all but for personal use, the sounds that this thing can make, it's worth buying to actually make music with. So for that, thanks. Never heard of this one before and haven't seen one thread where anybody has even brought it up. But cool little synth for sure.
The GUI was made bigger with version 2, and I guess the screen shot just didn't get updated. There's a thread here that touches on the updates.

It is indeed a nice synth, with a few hidden tricks up it's sleeve: don't overlook the Chorus and Melt panels that need to be clicked on to open. :phones:
Thanks for the tips. Yes, I will definitely be getting this one.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:That Phonec 2 looks like an interesting little synth. Never heard of it before. Not sure if I can't already replicate those sounds with Diva etc though. Hmm, tempted.
It does have some little quirks that I think make it unique.

Anyway, also purchased Hive today.

Last edited by ontol on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: HALion 6 - $350.00 (Possibly $235 with crossgrade offer)
ONE - $99
Oxium - $104
Minimonsta - $145
Phonec - $59 *
Hive - $125 * (With $25 coupon)
Phonec is basically for people who want to sound like Boards of Canada. I know... I bought it!

Hive is a pretty good target for sound libraries, I would think. Also, for as basic as it is, I find it quite versatile and it has become one of my go-to synths when I just need something straightforward to program quickly without using up a ton of CPU.

HALion 6 is definitely a rising star, so a good candidate. I haven't bought it yet, but it is on my radar for sure.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”