Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All my recent Kontakt instrument purchases caused me to upgrade to a 4TB drive. Of course it is not all Kontakt, but probably at least 1TB is Kontakt stuff. My EWQL stuff was another 400 GBs. It is crazy.

And this is why I still don't use SSDs.

dzilizzi wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Get all the Output for half the price, 7 Kontakt Player instruments and 9 expansions for $699

https://output.com/products/bundles
Part of me really wants this bundle, but the price is just too high for the use I would get out of it. :(
They switched to a "get everything" strategy not that long ago. The more products you own the cheaper this everything bundle gets. Similar to what Melda Production does. And they keep reminding you to upgrade every couple of weeks.

I bought Signal shortly after it came out. Very nice high quality library but for some reason I do not get as much milage out of it as I do from some other libraries.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I was interested in Exhale and the new Analog Strings. Both look really interesting. But not necessarily really usable for most of my stuff.

I keep hoping they will show up on one of those AudioPlugins deals. :D

People are easy. HG placed a GB where we got a new product AND 5 or something additional products (the regular prices are up to $75 for a single product alone on his site) just from the start for $14.99! So making the math was easy.

That Astralp answered every question during the GB was the icing on the cake (i remember questions about the difference between Multiverse and Kosmology not only once)

Anyway, i think the offer was pricewise right from the start so attractive that i can't imagine how one could fail with it.

How some customers feel who bought a product for the regular price before is another question like always.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:I think the Cassetto group buy could serve as a best practice for how to do group buys:

1) Good description of how deal works
2) High quality product, easy to see what one is getting for the investment
3) Easy to follow progress of group buy on website
4) Easy to pick gifts as they get unlocked
5) No brainer price
IK does this as well.

ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:You certainly don't have the stylized interface that you find in the UVI products that try to cover the same ground. However, (1) you get way more presets, covering far more machines here (sounds from Fairlight, Synclavier, DX, etc are all in this package), (2) you don't need ilok so these are more easily portable to my other machines, and (3) $73 is cheaper than most of the single UVI libraries.
Hollow Sun vintage samplers (Fairlight and EII) with scripted Kontakt GUI costs £15
http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/v ... /index.htm

And the UVI product, which is really rather nicely developed, is on sale right now (or was yesterday) for $79 with SPL Transient Designer Plus.

The UVI product was on sale in September of last year as well for a similar price. I watched several videos and passed on it at the time. This particular group buy, is really just a sale at this point so, again, comparing prices, this thing seems overpriced compared to the much more functional UVI product.

The Hollow Sun product has a pretty basic interface as well, but at $15, I'm not sure that I could complain too much about that.

I get the iLok squeamishness, but, a lot of us don't care and actually prefer iLok. So, it seems to me that the best value in this market is still the UVI product, no?

I think that if I cared more about the Fairlight, that would be my choice.

You can get the transient designer / fairlight combo for $52.50 by buying it along with 14 tuners and using code faceaband-YLVR5K at checkout.

You can add subsynth as well and reduce the number if tuners to 6 so you get UVI Fairlight, Transient designer plus, tuner and BX subsynth all for $91. I think that is a great deal.

greenfly wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:You certainly don't have the stylized interface that you find in the UVI products that try to cover the same ground. However, (1) you get way more presets, covering far more machines here (sounds from Fairlight, Synclavier, DX, etc are all in this package), (2) you don't need ilok so these are more easily portable to my other machines, and (3) $73 is cheaper than most of the single UVI libraries.
Hollow Sun vintage samplers (Fairlight and EII) with scripted Kontakt GUI costs £15

And the UVI product, which is really rather nicely developed, is on sale right now (or was yesterday) for $79 with SPL Transient Designer Plus.

The UVI product was on sale in September of last year as well for a similar price. I watched several videos and passed on it at the time. This particular group buy, is really just a sale at this point so, again, comparing prices, this thing seems overpriced compared to the much more functional UVI product.

The Hollow Sun product has a pretty basic interface as well, but at $15, I'm not sure that I could complain too much about that.

I get the iLok squeamishness, but, a lot of us don't care and actually prefer iLok. So, it seems to me that the best value in this market is still the UVI product, no?

You can get the transient designer / fairlight combo for $52.50 by buying it along with 14 tuners and using code faceaband-YLVR5K at checkout.

You can add subsynth as well and reduce the number if tuners to 6 so you get UVI Fairlight, Transient designer plus, tuner and BX subsynth all for $91. I think that is a great deal.
Thanks, I forgot about that code and this definitely pushed the UVI product which, like I said, I was eyeing for about the same price in the fall, into no-brainer territory.

Both of the Lindell Audio products that are on sale + the Fairlight/SPL bundle and five tuners for $51.

ghettosynth wrote:
greenfly wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Thanks, I forgot about that code and this definitely pushed the UVI product which, like I said, I was eyeing for about the same price in the fall, into no-brainer territory.

Both of the Lindell Audio products that are on sale + the Fairlight/SPL bundle and five tuners for $51.
cool :)

murnau wrote:People are easy. HG placed a GB where we got a new product AND 5 or something additional products (the regular prices are up to $75 for a single product alone on his site) just from the start for $14.99! So making the math was easy.

That Astralp answered every question during the GB was the icing on the cake (i remember questions about the difference between Multiverse and Kosmology not only once)

Anyway, i think the offer was pricewise right from the start so attractive that i can't imagine how one could fail with it.

How some customers feel who bought a product for the regular price before is another question like always.
Right, and with respect to this GB, I think that if you want to capture people who would otherwise not really bother, your group buy has to be in no-brainer territory. What that is varies by person, but, I think that being close to the cost of lunch for anyone who's price-sensitive is a good start, i.e., probably less than about $35 or so and the close you get to about $20 the more people you are going to attract. That is, I think that is the upper end of what a price-sensitive consumer is going to spend on a lunch.

Also, one thing that I've learned from buying sample libraries is that it's all too easy to be sucked in by numbers. I don't care about 1400 presets, I won't use them all, or frankly not more than a few of them. So what's more interesting to me is something like the UVI product that captures some strong aspects of the sound but wraps it into a really functional interface that let's me treat it like an instrument. To be clear, I mean that this price sensitivity doesn't really scale with the number. I might be willing to spend $20 on 100 presets but not $200 on 1000 presets. In fact, my perception is that there's something of an exponential relationship that is required to bump consumers up in price. If 100 presets is a good value at $X then if you want $2X you need 1000 presets and if you want $4X you need 10000.

And look, I put my money where my mouth is and just picked up the UVI product for about $20. Here's my breakdown of my perceived value.

UVI DarkLight $20
SPL Transient Designer $5
lindel Pre/EQ $13
Lindel Compressor $13
BX Tuner $0

BTW: Modulo my miscounting, which may have happened, there are 281 presets in the UVI soundset.

Anyone ever try the Melda MAutoAlign?

Just wondering if it does what it says it does. Might be worth grabbing for me if it does.
Thanks.

dzilizzi wrote:Anyone ever try the Melda MAutoAlign?

Just wondering if it does what it says it does. Might be worth grabbing for me if it does.
Thanks.
I use it on my drum tracks and on bass also when treating the signal on two different busses. It's very easy to use and it does clear up the signals most of the time. I rencently read a complain about it saying it was'nt working well but for me it seems to work just fine. Demo the thing and try bypassing to see if it improves your tracks.
I'm working mostly with headphones these days as I'm in transition to another place where I'll be better installed to make better decisions especially with the low end. So my situation might not be optimal to hear in details.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Thanks. I've been searching around the forum to see what I can find. There's something about it crashing ProTools, but other than that, most users seem to think it works.

Just thinking it might be easier than manually aligning tracks. I'm wondering if it will work on the audio signal from a VI without rendering. I use a lot of VI's. I'm kind of limited this week with testing because I'm not home.

goldenanalog wrote:Quick Q: Hasn't it been a while since Native Instruments has had an across-the-board 50%/deep discount sale? I'd love to up my K10ult->K11ult, but 400 is just too high -
I don't think they have a sale planned for April. I think the last sale on Komplete Upgrades was June of 2016.

Numanoid wrote:You mean up to 70% off right? Regular price of Springbox is $99 according to mail I got from PSP
Thanks for catching that. Our normal prices are sometimes lower than PSP's prices, we sell Sprinbox for $59 when it's not on sale.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”