Surprisingly high CPU load with NI Replika XT

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how much CPU Replika XT eats up. In Modern mode, it eats a lot more than Soundtoys Echoboy. In other modes, it eats up almost twice as much as Modern mode.

I really love this delay, but the CPU hit is really hurting me.

Any thoughts / ideas?
Fotis

Yes it is high in many cases

Same here. Not something that I can just throw on track after track :( Pity

Thanks for confirming guys. And much like Richard said, I definitely can't be using this on many individual tracks, looks like using it as a send is the only practical way :(

What CPU are you using?

I am using an i7 on a desktop and I some instances without problems in Windows.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:What CPU are you using?

I am using an i7 on a desktop and I some :tu: instances without problems in Windows.
i7 seems to be vulnerable in the case of some spesific plugins. Its strange because on the other hand it can tolerate really heavy load, t must be some special feature how the plugin is programmed.

I've got i7 2.6 GHz 12 Gb Win 10 laptop and some plugins such as the Waves AR Plates or the NI Replika XT give heavy peaks. Especially the AR Plates can show peaks up to 75 % (!), with only that plugin in use in one audio track.

On the other hand I can put 10 Soundtoys plugin, 2 Kontakt instrument, BFD3, and a couple of other effects without any trouble.

The original Replika rips my CPU a new one (on certain settings), so I imagine XT to do even more damage.

Maybe it's oversampling?

I'm on an i7 laptop and can have a few instances, but it makes the CPU start to really work.

Also agree that there just seems to be some instruments that labor the CPU. Multiple instances of Omni run like a charm, but I find a single ArcSyn really taxing. I adore that synth but it always strains my laptop.

I'm on a 2015 MBP i7 2.5 GHz quad core CPU. The machine is pretty beefy, my latest track is > 70 tracks with heaps of synths and effects, but Replika XT is one of the heaviest on my CPU (even moreso than many reverbs).

I have a habit of using delays as inserts as I like to taylor them to each sound, but with Replika XT, this has been causing me lots of drama. In the past I used u-he MFM2 which I plan to go back to, it's super light on CPU and sounds great!

Richard deHove wrote:I'm on an i7 laptop and can have a few instances, but it makes the CPU start to really work.

Also agree that there just seems to be some instruments that labor the CPU. Multiple instances of Omni run like a charm, but I find a single ArcSyn really taxing. I adore that synth but it always strains my laptop.
What ? Arcsyn cpu heavy ? I think you'll need to get a proper desktop machine.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

For me also Replika XT is one of the most heavy tools on cpu.
But it´s worth it for me. It sounds fantastic and has some nice tricks and works with no latency.

Cinebient wrote:For me also Replika XT is one of the most heavy tools on cpu.
But it´s worth it for me. It sounds fantastic and has some nice tricks and works with no latency.
This!

Are you windows guys on the current version of your graphcs drivers?

REPLIKA and XT use hardware graphics acceleration which doesn't work so well with older integrated graphics and outdated drivers from AMD/NVidia. There was quite some discussion about the original REPLIKA back when it was given as a free Christmas gift.

On current hardware/software, neither should give you much trouble.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I have Nvdia 950 GTX so I suppose that helps.
dedication to flying

shroom81 wrote:
Richard deHove wrote:I'm on an i7 laptop and can have a few instances, but it makes the CPU start to really work. Also agree that there just seems to be some instruments that labor the CPU. Multiple instances of Omni run like a charm, but I find a single ArcSyn really taxing. I adore that synth but it always strains my laptop.
What ? Arcsyn cpu heavy ? I think you'll need to get a proper desktop machine.
Yeah, it's only a 2630qm with a 1Gb GT540M but has been fantastic for many years. But time comes very soon when it will retire to more gentle work.

Return to “Effects”