Favorite Multi-Effect Processors

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently own...none. Though I'm keen on getting a Line6 Firehawk FX.

The Korg Pandora mini was noisey then had a memory error and no longer works.
The Digitech RP I found completely useless.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

TC Electronics Fireworx

I like Line-6 emulations and used to own all their xx4 stomp boxes and a POD2. The Firehawk FX would definitely be on my list if I were looking for that kind of functionality.

The Kurzweil Mangler and Rumour are great boxes, the presets are usable but there's a lot of deep editing too.. The converters are mastering grade and apparently a lot of engineers use them just as converters, though I wouldn't really know anything about that. The fact that you can still get them for so cheap compared for the quality is pretty spectacular.. Ensoniq DP series is also great, on the noisier end of the spectrum and the prices are going up a bit.. I have a Mangler right now and am looking for a good deal on a DP/4+ and a Rumour. Of course I'd love an Eventide Eclipse/Hxxxx..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

I like the edit-everything-ability of the Boss GT processors, I have a GT-3 and sold a GT-10B.
Would also love an Eventide :-)

I used to own a Yamaha FX500. That was a great little multifx. 5 switchable effects in a chain. Mono input on the front, stereo on the back. It was used often as a distortion for drum loops, back in the 90s. I like the effects on my A3000 sampler too, but pedals are more fun (usually). :)

Still using and working Boss SE70 and Ensoniq DP4+ here.
I like both. 8)
hide.h [MySite]

Hidenori wrote:Still using and working Boss SE70 and Ensoniq DP4+ here.
I like both. 8)
Oh... the SE70! I used to own a SE50 back in the day. I remember it to be quite noisy and plastic sounding. Qualities that I would treasure today :) What are you using your SE70 for?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Oh... the SE70! I used to own a SE50 back in the day. I remember it to be quite noisy and plastic sounding. Qualities that I would treasure today :) What are you using your SE70 for?

/C
I'm not sure about SE50 but I SE70 definitely handy and useful to me. :)
Usually I'm using it for Delay and Reverb.
For example, my latest track("let me know when") is used SE70 for Reverb(Long reverb for Clap and Clavis) and stereo delay effects(you can hear that delay of intro's synth). If you interested, check it out. :tu:
hide.h [MySite]

Hidenori wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:Oh... the SE70! I used to own a SE50 back in the day. I remember it to be quite noisy and plastic sounding. Qualities that I would treasure today :) What are you using your SE70 for?

/C
I'm not sure about SE50 but I SE70 definitely handy and useful to me. :)
Usually I'm using it for Delay and Reverb.
For example, my latest track("let me know when") is used SE70 for Reverb(Long reverb for Clap and Clavis) and stereo delay effects(you can hear that delay of intro's synth). If you interested, check it out. :tu:
You are the one playing the bass guitar as well? Cool track!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:You are the one playing the bass guitar as well? Cool track!

/C
Yes. Thank you! :)
hide.h [MySite]

DigiTech TSR-24. If you get the upgraded firmware with a few extra features it's the "S" version. Some will also have the second S-DISC processor for double the processing power. It's cool that you can create your own fx algorithms that can wind up looking like convoluted flow charts, but is pig to edit. A lot of possibilities for sound design though.

Got me a second hand M9 last year, very cheap.
Had a love/hate relationship with a DL4 years before, for the lousy inputs and level, and gave it away so M9 it's my late payback unit 8)

Not the most versatile choice (midisync is bricked by default, tapping works just fine), but you get two expression pedal inputs for parameters morphing of two fxs out of three, hands-free tweaking for jams is nice.

Mike, is this for your GTR ?

for my guitars; the trusty ol' M-Audio BlackBox sounds fantastic (still)
dunno what disappointed you with the Digitech RP - I just last week found an RP360 for $100. and am loving it so far. The amp-sims, cabinet sims and the Lexicon verbs sound pretty darn good with my Strat. With any of these boxes; I've found that you really need to spend serious time dialing-in the tones as the pre-sets generally sound WAY over-processed. Less is more.

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Eventide H9 Max, some of the algorithms allow multi-effects, and the overall sound quality is stunning.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”