Using Tyrell N6? Some basic questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does "KeyFollow2" mean the same as the other with the direction reversed? Or in other words how can I make the SubOsc Volume go down with the pitch and back up when the line rises?

What does FallRise on the envelope panel do? Is that what some synths call EnvAmt?

KeyFollow2 differs from KeyFollow only in duophonic mode, where latter controls Osc1 with the lowest note while former controls Osc2 with the highest.

You can use the ModMatrix with either to adjust SubOsc volume by key.

Fall|Rise adds a slope (left = fall = decaying, right = rise = rising) to the otherwise (0) static sustain phase.

Hi,
quoting the manual:

KeyFollow 2 – modulation per MIDI note with Glide Ofst

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/uploa ... G_v1.1.pdf

What i always wondered in Tyrell... even with filter envelope release turned up max, the envelope's amplitude seems to fall at some point, at the end of the envelope stage. Is that some kind of analog behavior modelled? I think i noticed it on a few other synths as well, but, most synths i have, or all, don't seem to have that kind of behavior.

chk071 wrote:filter envelope release turned up max
Do you expect it to be static forever?

I don't know. That's why i'm asking. :D At least, it seems like the amplitude falls less rapidly, or, it takes longer until it happens, in other synth plugins.

Release (like Attack and Decay) is a Time parameter.

Different synths have different maximum times.

Absolutely normal.

Alright, makes sense, thanks. :)

Chris-S wrote:Hi,
quoting the manual:

KeyFollow 2 – modulation per MIDI note with Glide Ofst

https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/uploa ... G_v1.1.pdf
Hey thanks for the link to the manual. I was not aware that there was one. Nice! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes, thanks. Been looking for that manual, too.

Urs wrote:KeyFollow2 differs from KeyFollow only in duophonic mode, where latter controls Osc1 with the lowest note while former controls Osc2 with the highest.

You can use the ModMatrix with either to adjust SubOsc volume by key.

Fall|Rise adds a slope (left = fall = decaying, right = rise = rising) to the otherwise (0) static sustain phase.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate this synthesizer. I'll probably never own something like Diva or Zeb but I've learned a lot from this.

Return to “Instruments”