Unknown owner iLok plugins on my computer

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have mysterious iLok activations pop up on your computer? It's like someone's account is mixed in with mine. The weird thing is, they work. I can download and install any one of the plugs listed and it believes that it's activated.

I'm on a fresh computer, a hackintosh built from scratch, and I'm running the latest iLok software.

I don't know. But do you know someone named Crystal?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I knew a Crystal back in high school, but not anyone recently.

Do you own Softube plugins? When authorizing any Softube plugin you give your iLok password to their partner, Gobbler. Who knows what complication this can generate.

I do. In fact, they showed up right around the time I got them from the Presonus giveaway.

Did you ever figure this out? I just noticed the same thing! 128 activations on my computer, unknown account, all active and mostly software I don't otherwise have. Would really like to know how/why this happened?
dangayle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 pm Does anyone have mysterious iLok activations pop up on your computer? It's like someone's account is mixed in with mine. The weird thing is, they work. I can download and install any one of the plugs listed and it believes that it's activated.

I'm on a fresh computer, a hackintosh built from scratch, and I'm running the latest iLok software.

Don't fret about it, just enjoy the free plugins. Just in case do a full disk image of your computer so you can later restore the plugins should they disappear from your computer. 8)
No signature here!

This doesn't make sense. Some people who had their computer go dead face the situation where they can't deactivate the old registrations from another computer. It has to be done from the dead computer, which for obvious reasons is not possible. According to iLok the only way to fix such situation is to contact each vendor and ask them to issue new licenses.

And now this? :D There is no logic here.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The logic I guess is a hashcode collision.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:31 am The logic I guess is a hashcode collision.
I’m no software engineer but what you just said doesn’t sound safe to me, and that is supposed to be the whole point with iLok. This is good to know in case my number of possible registrations start to go down for no apparent reason.

It supposedly also mean that iLok could have the means to help people with crashed computers but they just don’t. I have no grudge against iLok but seeing threads like this makes me somewhat concerned
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am It supposedly also mean that iLok could have the means to help people with crashed computers but they just don’t. I have no grudge against iLok but seeing threads like this makes me somewhat concerned
well they do have the ‘zero downtime’ stuff for physical iloks where they’ll deposit temporary licenses to keep you running whilst you deal with the actual software vendor to get replacement permanent licenses, but the fundamental issue with the whole system is that they ARE just a middleman - only the vendor can authorise the issuing of new permanent licenses, not ilok

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”