Korg Gadget for Mac now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

masterhiggins wrote:Being able to use the individual modules in Logic is huge. That's great news.
Feel the same - I'll be getting it just for the Gadget collection. Very cool and focused stuff. Intrigued on how the DAW itself will feel like.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

emasters wrote:I like the iCloud Drive storage/exchange between the IOS and Mac versions of the app. Works well with one exception. Any IOS song that contains the Milpitas gadget, will fault loading into the Mac version, since the Mac-based Milpitas gadget is slated to be released in the next update. Beyond this, it's nice to have the four (or two) screens available on the Mac version. Pretty slick the way Korg has made the operation so similar between platforms. Good example for other vendors to consider IMHO.
I do not want developers I like/use their products to waste their time on iOS at all.

pdxindy wrote:
emasters wrote:I like the iCloud Drive storage/exchange between the IOS and Mac versions of the app. Works well with one exception. Any IOS song that contains the Milpitas gadget, will fault loading into the Mac version, since the Mac-based Milpitas gadget is slated to be released in the next update. Beyond this, it's nice to have the four (or two) screens available on the Mac version. Pretty slick the way Korg has made the operation so similar between platforms. Good example for other vendors to consider IMHO.
I do not want developers I like/use their products to waste their time on iOS at all.
Fortunately for you, most will not. Fortunately for me, Korg did.

Absolutely don't need another DAW right now - intrigued - subscribed! :ud:

I'm fairly new to ios, but have been blown away by how good Gadget is, it's as much fun as Elektrons and sounds great. The new Gadgets in v3 are great but the best new feature is Audio Share support which makes a huge difference to me.

I use a PC mainly and so may not get the OSX version, but must admit I'm quite tempted. If it was for PC I would have it in a heartbeat.

Guys who already bought it! Talk to us :) Tell us how it feels like - what's good and what's bad. My finger is hovering over the buy button :)

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Guys who already bought it! Talk to us :) Tell us how it feels like - what's good and what's bad. My finger is hovering over the buy button :)

/C
Please buy it please and then you can tell us ;-)
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Can anybody who has already purchased the Mac version tell me if Bluetooth headphones work with the Mac version. They work with GarageBand for the Mac.

I know it's a bit of an odd question but it would be helpful for me to know this and it would only take 30 seconds to check so pretty please? :)

DrGonzo wrote:Guys who already bought it! Talk to us :) Tell us how it feels like - what's good and what's bad. My finger is hovering over the buy button :)
/C
I've added some comments on gadgets here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477124
Last edited by db3 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

duplicate

all these 'gadget' are 'light' version ( something like preset player) or full instrument ?

hivkorn wrote:all these 'gadget' are 'light' version ( something like preset player) or full instrument ?
Most of them are new instruments - but a few of them are simplified versions of old Korg classics. None of them are preset players - but have simplified controllers.

/C

DrGonzo wrote:
hivkorn wrote:all these 'gadget' are 'light' version ( something like preset player) or full instrument ?
Most of them are new instruments - but a few of them are simplified versions of old Korg classics. None of them are preset players - but have simplified controllers.

/C
Thx for the info :tu:

guy i really like to have a feedback concerning the instrument , i try to find something on youtube but only a few video , is Gadget overpriced or not good enough?

hivkorn wrote:guy i really like to have a feedback concerning the instrument , i try to find something on youtube but only a few video , is Gadget overpriced or not good enough?
Just search for the ios demos, as that will give you all the idea you need/

As a mobile product it is a great accomplishment, but when compared to other desktop daw's it's lacking. Therefore, whether you find it good value will depend on how much you like the gadgets themselves.

Of course, limitations are sometimes exactly what is needed:

https://sinkingfeeling.bandcamp.com/alb ... ing-gadget

https://sinkingfeeling.bandcamp.com/alb ... get-vol-ii

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”