What's your go-to Master Limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Hooj wrote:
Hermetech Mastering wrote:Bus Limiter or Mastering Limiter? For latter I haven't used anything other than DMG Limitless since it was released.
do you use something else for bus duties?
Nope, generally prefer to take the Metro. :)
I take the Sidecar ! :lol: (I'm amazed no one called their bus limiter "Pedestrian" :hihi:)

I use Limitless, Barricade 4, Elephant 4, Event Horizon
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Pro-L & Elephant.

I'm amazed more people aren't naming invisible limiter. Have you guys not tried it, or found it not was good as these others mentioned. I see barricade mentioned a lot. Anyone familiar with both, care to make a quick comparative analysis?
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tried a few limiters mentioned here, but somehow i still prefer Elephant, Maxim and sometimes LA xLimit II when i need more tweakable controls.

On the freebies side, for easy tasks i'd simply go with stock Event Horizon 2, early version of Invisible Limiter or LoudMax, and L6 if i'm in the mood for craving a detailed settings.

Touch The Universe wrote:I'm amazed more people are naming invisible limiter. Have you guys not tried it, or found it not was good as these others mentioned. I see barricade mentioned a lot. Anyone familiar with both, care to make a quick comparative analysis?
I've done a lot of comparing of AOM Invisible with Barricade V3. AOM is streets ahead for preserving low end, transients and stereo image. I must admit, I tried Barricade V4 but wasn't too impressed overall. AOM still outperformed it pretty easily on the material I tried it on.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I did an A-B of about 6 or 7 limiters a few years ago, including Pro-L, waves limiters, Izotope, Sonnox, Elephant, etc..

I found that Fabfilter Pro-L was the best to my ears, most transparent, and I could push it really hard and it didn't end up making my audio brittle or harsh-sounding in places..

Can't comment on the state of limiters today, but have used Pro-L for many years now, and still getting great results with it.. so...

Fabfilter Pro-L for me.

Toneboosters Barricade is simply the best.

martinjuenke wrote:Toneboosters Barricade is simply the best.
Bet it works great on Tina Turner tracks! :)

What other limiters have you tried in order to deliver such a blanket statement? A bit more info would be nice, and helpful for the OP.

Until i cam find a replacement (which doesn't seem likely) I'll keep using the dated, 32bit only, Tinbrooke Tales Tls_maximizer. God I wish daniel still made vst's. They're still awesome after all these years.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Boz Digital's The Wall. I use that on every track I master. Not sure how it compares to some of the other names mentioned, but I've got Flux Pure Limiter, Stealth Limiter, L1, Ozone and some others, and The Wall is the only one I'll use. With KClip2 before it, of course!
Chris H.

PSP MixPressor, or DAW Essentials Compressor, or MCompressor. In that order. For now.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

lunarchris1 wrote:I'm surprised no one's mentioned Boz Digital's The Wall. I use that on every track I master. Not sure how it compares to some of the other names mentioned, but I've got Flux Pure Limiter, Stealth Limiter, L1, Ozone and some others, and The Wall is the only one I'll use. With KClip2 before it, of course!
someone (outside this forum) recommended 'The Wall' as well.... I'll have to demo it.... In the meantime, I'm really liking Pro-L!

Elixir is Currently on sale...FYI
Uncle E wrote:50% off Flux Elixir and BitterSweet Pro, now $79 each instead of $159:

www.jrrshop.com/flux

Elixir v3 is a novel kind of program limiter carefully designed to accomplish a truly pure natural sounding result without altering the nature of the audio material and its timbre. Elixir v3 presents a new innovative concept called Stages, providing the option to set the algorithm to perform the limiting processing in multi-stages, in order to achieve even more precise and natural sounding results.

At the moment 'Waves L2'. Listening to the effect of it on a rough mix while flipping between pro reference tracks (that I like), it seemed to be the one that gave the most similar results. It didn't try to inflate, or otherwise ''damage'' the sound in an unpleasant way.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I use the TC Studio Channel limiter in my TC Studio Konnekt 48. It's pretty good. There is a multiband compressor before it that's very useful, too. Not bad, I tell ya. You can also resample through it to clip the track analogue way. Kinda like poor man's Finalizer. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”