New freeware plugin : Bit Fluzer Free : download here, macOS ready

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'm releasing today this freeware: Bit Fluzer Free 0.9.0, currently Windows VST 64-bit/32-bit,
Mac versions will come as well.
This "Bit Fluzer" comes from two ideas of mine (see below) and I'll be very glad to know what you think of it.

Bit Fluzer is an audio effect similar to standard "bit crushers", but featuring two channels with input filters and audio bit reductions modulated by two LFOs. Using the Bit Fluzer plugin you can alter the bit depth of the audio signal from your instruments or audio tracks in your DAW in various ways. The two bit depth controls range from one to 20 bits in continuous fashion, moreover the bit depth can be made to rhythmically oscillate with the LFOs. That way you can obtain a range of mono or stereo modulating effects: from subtle "sound warming", due to the soft noise introduced by a little bit depth reduction, to more aggressive distortions and groovy patterns. The two channels can work independently on different sections of the audio spectrum, since one channel features a lowpass filter and the other a highpass filter.

I'm releasing this freeware effect plugin also to advocate the main motives of repair.org, that is to rise awareness about the possible "progressive loss of rights" of users to fix and maintain their own electronic devices. We think this is especially relevant for musicians who are used to customising and fixing their instruments, either acoustic or electronic." Therefore, beside the economical and environmental concerns, the products policy of some hardware firms could damage the creative habits of artists using electronic devices. You may see the repair.org website for more info.

Disclaimer: NUSofting has no benefit from, or association with, repair.org or individuals involved in that "United States based" organization.]

Simple and short audio examples, just to give an idea of how Bit Fluzer works:
Synced LFOs, with just one note, sine wave, as input:
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Bit_Flu ... _drone.mp3
Changing levels and dry/wet, input is two sine waves:
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/Bit_Flu ... xample.mp3

Plugin:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bit-fluzer-by-nusofting
Last edited by liqih on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hm, that looks fun.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

One of the coolest "petitions" I've ever heard of! :lol: :tu:
The cause is perfect and Fluzer is a bizarre riot all by itself. I'll have some fun exploring this for sure! :phones:

THANK YOU!

interesting. Will try it out.

Thanks to all of you for the words.

Could be nice to add a master LFO over the two,
and a resonant BP filter after the bits, no?
I'm thinking about that.

Nice looking freebie. Thanks. :)

Interesting : thank you !
Can you route the filters and crushers in serial/parallel ?
Is there any resonance knob ?

sinkmusic wrote:Interesting : thank you !
Can you route the filters and crushers in serial/parallel ?
Is there any resonance knob ?
Not yet, as I wrote minutes ago I'm thinking of more features, there are so many possibilities to make this toy more fun but I have to choose!

The LP and HP filters so far are for spectrum splitting, and the channels are parallel, a stereo input is summed to mono and then slpitted by the channels. BTW a short manual is included! Everybody, please read it.

That second demo was pretty eerie, reminded me a bit of Whitehouse, which oddly enough is why I bought the 64-bit version of Da Hornet (they did manage to torture the hell out of that poor Wasp by the sound of things).

I'd quite like to see a stereo frequency shifter with its own LFO in there as well for added wrongness :evil:

Great work, you always make interesting plugs, must have a further play with your KVRDC effort from this year too :)

waiting for osx version :D

I might suggest an audio sidechain input for the crush amount. This only makes sense if the sidechain input also has a LP filter, otherwise major aliasing results, and not as much modulation. Also a LP filter on the output :)

hivkorn wrote:waiting for osx version :D
Yes, I must apologise. I like to have an OS X version ready when Liqih is ready to release the Windows version but I have just been side-tracked on some behind-the-scenes updates. And he was very enthusiastic to get at least the Windows version out so people could try this out. But yes an OS X version is coming.

shonky wrote:I'd quite like to see a stereo frequency shifter with its own LFO in there as well for added wrongness :evil:

Great work, you always make interesting plugs, must have a further play with your KVRDC effort from this year too :)
Thanks shonky!
Adding the frequency shifter would be nice, but I think you can simply use another VST after Bit Fluzer output.
camsr wrote:I might suggest an audio sidechain input for the crush amount. This only makes sense if the sidechain input also has a LP filter, otherwise major aliasing results, and not as much modulation. Also a LP filter on the output :)
Yes, those are surely interesting features.Thanks!
BTW I guess the sidechain input should be mono,
and the controls could be 2: the input LP frequency
and a switch to set the sidechain to decrease or increase
the bit depth, right?

I think you could add to the already set bitdepth value, and to prevent it from going out of a range, scale it somehow... there's a ton of possibilities for audio rate modulation. Just do whatever you think is right, man!

Return to “Effects”