Legato Slide

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've read the manual, but there're still some things which I'm not sure about. Please, I would really appreciate it, if u answer my questions!

1) Legato Slide - Let's say I'm playing B string, and if I play C note and after that D, i just hear a tap sound of the D note. What i want to hear is that D is picked by the finger, not tapped. Even more, I'd like to know whether "Legato Slide" is available (For instance from C to D, ro from C to E on "B" string).

2) I can't find an option where I can change strings manually. Where is it located?

3) And I'm also wondering whether it's possible to play B open string and "B" on a G string at the same time. You know, like you can do when playing real guitar.

Thank you in advance.

If I remember right you can access individual strings via midi channels in midi mode (under setup)

ipopon wrote: 1) Legato Slide - Let's say I'm playing B string, and if I play C note and after that D, i just hear a tap sound of the D note. What i want to hear is that D is picked by the finger, not tapped. Even more, I'd like to know whether "Legato Slide" is available (For instance from C to D, ro from C to E on "B" string).
You'll need to either not overlap the notes (which is what is triggering the legato articulation), or turn the legato range controls all the way down to "disabled".

There are several slide articulations available. A velocity slide articulation, which uses the velocity of the destination note to determine the speed of the slide, as well as tempo-dependent slide articulations. These replace the usual hammer-on and pull-off articulations, so they're subject to the same legato range settings as well as the same playability (just overlap notes within the legato range).
ipopon wrote:2) I can't find an option where I can change strings manually. Where is it located?
There are manual string selection keys at the very lowest MIDI keys (C-2 is for the low E string, C#-2 for the low A, etc.). In the upcoming update we've added a control that lets you change the mapping of these string selection keys.
ipopon wrote:3) And I'm also wondering whether it's possible to play B open string and "B" on a G string at the same time. You know, like you can do when playing real guitar.
Yes, you can do this, but you'll need to use the MIDI guitar mode, which separates each string out to different MIDI channels.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:
ipopon wrote: 1) Legato Slide - Let's say I'm playing B string, and if I play C note and after that D, i just hear a tap sound of the D note. What i want to hear is that D is picked by the finger, not tapped. Even more, I'd like to know whether "Legato Slide" is available (For instance from C to D, ro from C to E on "B" string).
You'll need to either not overlap the notes (which is what is triggering the legato articulation)
Is this legato articulation triggered by note overlap not enabled by default? If I import a new Evolution guitar (e.g. Dracus or Strawberry) into a project without browsing any presets at all (just using the init patch) I don't get any legato slide. And I can not see where/how to enable it. :(

svenh wrote: Is this legato articulation triggered by note overlap not enabled by default? If I import a new Evolution guitar (e.g. Dracus or Strawberry) into a project without browsing any presets at all (just using the init patch) I don't get any legato slide. And I can not see where/how to enable it. :(
I now found the setting LEGATO RANGE UP/DOWN that was set too narrow. :oops: Sorry for the false alarm.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”