pop and click at start and end of exported

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so i have this problem with all my DAWs when i export any file mp3 wav aiff

there is a loud click or pop at the start and end of every file

also if pause and resume of or fast forward i can hear the pop or click

i ried exporting with different setting diff buffersize diff sample rate everything it does not go

even changed my audio setting to asio, windows, and scarelete 2i2

please help me

It could be that you've somehow introduced a dc-offset in your projects - Do you have anything on your bus that might be introducing this issue ?

Check the output file on a wave editor (e.g. Audacity) to see if you've anything like this on the track (i.e. the waveforms not starting at the centre/0 position):

Add a tiny volume in/out fade at the start/end of your export area.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It's because you are not making cuts at a zero crossing. Zero X-ing is anywhere the waveform crosses the center line. Your DAW may have and option Snap To Zero Crossing which will automatically put everything be it cut, cursor, locators at the closest of those points to where you want to edit.

Can be handled with X-fades, but that isn't the correct way.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
[quote="mcbpete"]It could be that you've somehow introduced a dc-offset in your projects - Do you have anything on your bus that might be introducing this issue ?

Check the output file on a wave editor (e.g. Audacity) to see if you've anything like this on the track (i.e. the waveforms not starting at the centre/0 position):

[img]http://wiki.audacityteam.org/w/images/1 ... offset.png (http://wiki.audacityteam.org/w/images/1/1b/Amplify-normalize_with_DC_offset.png)[/img][/quote]

the thing is i used to just export and it was all fine why is it doing this how to fix it

fading in and out is not the solution

its a temporary one anyway

please help

and no there is no clicks at start or end like the one you showed me

[quote="bustedfist"]It's because you are not making cuts at a zero crossing. Zero X-ing is anywhere the waveform crosses the center line. Your DAW may have and option Snap To Zero Crossing which will automatically put everything be it cut, cursor, locators at the closest of those points to where you want to edit.

Can be handled with X-fades, but that isn't the correct way.[/quote]
what is the correct way it wasnt like that before

i even install windows 7 and tried the same thing

Which DAW(s) are you using, and what export settings do you use? The more info the better :)

Easiest way to sort this posting a screenshot of the waveform inside your DAW. Good screenshot that doesn't require binoculars to view would be ideal.

Re-reading, I'm leaning towards DC Offset also, where you say start and stop from any point causes it. Need to see the wave to say one way or the other.

kelghazaly wrote:the thing is i used to just export and it was all fine why is it doing this how to fix it
What was the difference in setup between when you used to export it and now ? DAWs don't just magically change the way they output stuff :?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”