New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd love a re-face of the Oxium GUI - I don't mind it as terribly as some; it's just distracting for such a great sounding synth.

Really need to get on board with the rest of XIls stuff - just love the sound regardless of what they're emulating. I might just hit that PolyKB today...

AnX wrote:
Albert.VST wrote:Back to page 1 stating: only a few voices of the sleeping monster were fully repaired. This definitely excludes all monophonic synths. So adapt your guesses :wink: .
Would help if everything was repaired to accuartely emulate it.
Simply put, a full working unit would be better for the fun to play it, while a few voices are more than enough to accurately emulate it.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

JoeCat wrote:I'd love a re-face of the Oxium GUI - I don't mind it as terribly as some; it's just distracting for such a great sounding synth.

Really need to get on board with the rest of XIls stuff - just love the sound regardless of what they're emulating. I might just hit that PolyKB today...
Any ideas for Oxium ? The Ice White skin made it for me, but well ... if you have any thoughts ...
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Numanoid wrote:
Can it be another PolyMoog emulation

Is there one already? I dont recall ever seeing one.

Lotuzia wrote:
JoeCat wrote:I'd love a re-face of the Oxium GUI - I don't mind it as terribly as some; it's just distracting for such a great sounding synth.

Any ideas for Oxium ? The Ice White skin made it for me, but well ... if you have any thoughts ...
The Ice skin is fine as is the layout; I think a little less contrast and slightly smaller knobs would do it justice. Still one of my favorite synths.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

AnX wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Can it be another PolyMoog emulation

Is there one already? I dont recall ever seeing one.
not exactly an "emulation", but this thing seems pretty cool:

http://www.synthmagic.co.uk/polycom.html

The ones which really need a new face, are the 2 Synthex emus. They look more primitive/simplistic in comparison to the hardware looking skins of PolyKB.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

XILS newsletter today:
Last summer we informed you about this new developement ....

We didn't forget it and beside XILS V+ and PolyKB III, we worked hard on this new intrument during the past months. We can say now it's worth the effort !

Very soon you will get full information about this old, venerable and legendary analog monster.

You already listened to some rough audio samples, here come some new ones, featuring two original presets. The purpose is not to match Real and Virtual 100%, it’s quite impossible because of our machine’s poor condition. The purpose is to make the sound source, virtual and real, almost indistinguishable. Moreover, we want to show that playing together, you can use one or the other in your music without losing the character.

ComparisonPrt1
ComparisonPrt2

Not only for experiments and labatories, this instrument can also be used for music ! Here are two demo tracks we did during our tests :

BachChoralDemo
ComingFromSpace

We still have some algorithm tricks to tune, more A/B comparisons, more analysis and measurements to ensure that the sound result is as close as possible to the original synthesizer, but it's coming soon, so stay tuned ...
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking forward to this! I think I might know what it is, but we'll find out at some point anyway.
It's strange that I didn't get the newsletter. I checked on their site, and it says I am already signed up to receive it.

Examigan wrote:It's strange that I didn't get the newsletter. I checked on their site, and it says I am already signed up to receive it.
Could be that they have different segments in their list, since you are in US, they may want to send you the newsletter later today, than to me in Europe.

Yeah I'm in the UK and got only got the email about 45 mins ago - so they probably spread them out so as to not crash their email server :)

Examigan wrote:Looking forward to this! I think I might know what it is, but we'll find out at some point anyway.
It's strange that I didn't get the newsletter. I checked on their site, and it says I am already signed up to receive it.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think it is? Because I have no clue.

wagtunes wrote:
Examigan wrote:Looking forward to this! I think I might know what it is, but we'll find out at some point anyway.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think it is? Because I have no clue.
Actually I should have said that I do know, but I can't say. :wink:

Yeah on the example a few months ago I was convinced it was SID emulation - totally can't place it now. Though given their past esoteric VSTs it's probably a synth that only sold 37 copies in Bulgaria in 1983 :)

Return to “Instruments”