Endless possibilities - but everyone thinking along the same route?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

la monte young
alvin lucier
george brecht
joan brassil
joyce hinterding
max eastley

are all worth exploring

Cage's ideas of acceptance are the antithesis of tension and release, something like Tom Johnson's The Chord Catalogue similarly so

I think that our way of thinking is so outdated for most of the time by some 2000 years or more.
About 150million years probably :lol:
Cage's ideas of acceptance are the antithesis of tension and release, something like Tom Johnson's The Chord Catalogue similarly so
Thanks, it's always nice to be informed about new interesting music to listen.
~stratum~

stratum wrote: Thanks, it's always nice to be informed about new interesting music to listen.
perhaps now is the time then to actually listen instead of investing in an admission of lack of comprehension ;)

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/album/dope-beats-for-suckers

"hi", i'm xoxos, homonid evolutionary catalyst, and as a cultural advocate, i wouldn't open my mouth to blow my own horn. i'm here to impart something you presently lack. that's why this seasoned, noncapitalist weathers these boards. there is no glory in engaging empiricists in rhetoric (which they adore rudimentary forms of), only the potential for positive transformation.

instead of explaining why communication breaks down, try doing your part to actualise the potential of what society is here to do and listen to the music on a music forum.

i can keep posting the link, until the day you finally listen, and feel like a fool for ignoring it for so long. what the f**k do you think i am into, cool breaks? dumb ego stroking loops to chillax to? listen, and gain a new awareness of what music and recording are. "progressive" like you do not understand yet. that means, definitively.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

your first instinct,

your first instinct, will be revulsion. to expel the incongruent awareness before it is parsed.

like in all systems.

eventually, there will come a point of admission, where you will no longer be able to deny the truth about what you are hearing.

if you can read these words and want to blow me off as some self aggrandiser, that's your lot, and your scope of apprehension. i'm trying to expose you to something that will help you gain consideration in ways you are not currently aware of.

that's how growth works. and you deny me, again, and again.

if not me, someone else. saytam eva jayate, the truth may be obscured, but not destroyed. see you at the end of the big day.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

it's just sad that

every day

i have to deal with a society that isn't capable of facing what is.

you can lie, you can ignore it, but such choices define you.

i'm still waiting for some sign of intelligence.

xoxos.bandcamp.com/album/dope-beats-for-suckers
I have actually listened that before.
instead of explaining why communication breaks down, try doing your part to actualise the potential of what society is here to do and listen to the music on a music forum.
In forums communication always breaks down, because people are not talking face to face. I do not expect that to be different in this forum. Nevertheless broken communication is communication too, better than nothing. What you have played in that album is not odd enough to break communication in a musical context. It would make some sense everywhere in the world, regardless of who listens to it. Some weird tones that follow a basic scale together with some rhythm. People living in Africa are playing similar stuff. If you want us to admit that we are still living in 40000BC in some sense, yeah, I'd say probably 150million BC instead.
Last edited by stratum on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:It would make some sense everywhere in the world, regardless of who listens to it.
can i quote you on that? :hihi:

so denial then. or did you skip about to aid in avoidance of admission of content?

so denial then. or did you skip about to aid in avoidance of admission of content?
Its message was too clear. Have a look at to the above updated message.
~stratum~

stratum wrote: Its message was too clear. Have a look at to the above updated message.
it seems you were right about the listener then.

something happened, but not listening.

it seems you were right about the listener then.
something happened, but not listening.
And we have learnt something about that medium of communication. It's not a language.
~stratum~

i already knew about lies and denial. maybe if you could learn to tell the truth :hihi:

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/blam-i ... raviolence
stratum wrote:
It would make some sense everywhere in the world, regardless of who listens to it.

Obviously it makes some sense, but if it's not the sense you intended there is nothing surprising about it. That's the way art works basically. What is this picture about?
zzz.jpg
I don't know. It makes some sense, though. Torn apart and crying I guess. Does it work much better than saying this woman is torn apart and crying? I guess not, that requires some direct experience about how that might feel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stratum on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:Obviously it makes some sense, but if it's not the sense you intended there is nothing surprising about it.
:lol: the same authoritarian empirical bullshit artist since you started writing posts.

i'm grateful for all of the articulate who aren't as such. you are many.

one might ask, what it is you think was intentional in that material :lol:

and how you could possibly think, the intent could be ascribed to me :lol:

it is quite, overtly, demonstrably not.

:lol: the same authoritarian empirical bullshit artist since you started writing posts.

i'm grateful for all of the articulate who aren't as such. you are many.

one might ask, what it is you think was intentional in that material :lol:

and how you could possibly think, the intent could be ascribed to me :lol:

it is quite, overtly, demonstrably not.
That does not even require an answer. You are composing something, it's not even intentional and cannot be ascribed to you (I dont know how that can happen), you expect that to be understood, and if it wasn't, then the response is "authoritarian empirical bullshit" . well ok, that's the way you see the world. it's all bullshit to you anyway. there are other views, and I do not share your opinion about this one.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:I do not share your opinion about this one.
discretising opinion from expression of opinion ;)

in the first place, you are refuting a "work of art" as you say.

the reader may ask themselves, why is it necessary for you to declaim or even state anything.

because
https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/blam-i ... raviolence

BLAM. it's right there for anyone with six seconds of their time to hear.

there's no debate or need to write it off as airy fairy academic aesthetics. "open to interpretation" nagasaki. to question what it is whatsoever, is atrociously pretentious :lol:

and no, there is no existant equivalent to BLAM.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”